Tom’s 2014 XLT 4X4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I eventually got sick of those hand pumps and the quart bottles. I ended up using a 4qt bottle of ATF modified with a tire valve up near the spout and a long rubber line pushed through the lid and running down to the bottom of the bottle. I place the other end of the rubber hose in the trans fill hole, hook up an air chuck to the tire valve (with the air pressure dialed WAY back), and gently pressurize the 4qt jug.
I guess there are u-tube videos on it, I will research it when the time comes but that sounds like a good idea. Got a picture of the setup?

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just changed the trans fluid and I used that 10" red tube pump from amazon for $10 and it worked great. It took about 30 seconds to empty each quart but I put them all in a milk jug..........very easy.

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tom, long time follower of your posts. I too am coming from a 2000 Expedition to a third gen (08 Navigator but there are no Navigator guys to talk to). I’ve always followed your posts with great interest and look you there are days I miss mine. 899bb40a1853bb7766c3ef4a59b4ef5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ExplorerTom

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tom, long time follower of your posts. I too am coming from a 2000 Expedition to a third gen (08 Navigator but there are no Navigator guys to talk to). I’ve always followed your posts with great interest and look you there are days I miss mine. 899bb40a1853bb7766c3ef4a59b4ef5c.jpg

Thanks.

Nice looking Navigator. I think I should have gone with an Extended Length myself. The area behind the 3rd row seats is basically worthless.

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks.

Nice looking Navigator. I think I should have gone with an Extended Length myself. The area behind the 3rd row seats is basically worthless.

Thanks, Tom. I would have taken either as used they’re the same money and I do like the extra room for baby and hunting fishing stuff. Felt a little like driving a bus at first but got used to it quickly and am glad I did.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, Tom. I would have taken either as used they’re the same money and I do like the extra room for baby and hunting fishing stuff. Felt a little like driving a bus at first but got used to it quickly and am glad I did.

Sorry, I didn't know it was extended but I probably would have sprung for one if it was for sale then.