Towing mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd imagine so as the pre 07' trucks (F150s at least) had mirror wiring slightly different from later models. Each option had its own ground on them vs the 07+ trucks where it was all one ground for all options.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Heck, when I did my KR Interior install in my 04, the 05 door panels had a different switch! I'm wondering now if that was more because it didn't have heated mirrors and memory..

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's quite possible. I'll go to the junkyard today and try to find a connector from an EB or KR Expy to compare to mine. That should tell me whether or not its wired for it or I'm going to have to do the whole thing by scratch. If that's the case I might try to add some SD like running lights on the mirrors while I'm at it :D

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have gotten around to doing a step by step write up of the whole process if anyone is interested here: http://www.expeditionforum.com/f41/want-real-tow-mirrors-your-expy-heres-how-lot-pics-26631/ I love this mod and would highly recommend it to anyone who tows or even those who just like the aggressive look these mirrors give a truck. Some pics for you lazy folks who don't want to click on my thread :Moon:

DSCN1102_zps2fsjavxy.jpg

DSCN1107_zps8tv0jt4o.jpg

DSCN1109_zpsnyzmwdm5.jpg

DSCN1108_zps3e6lliof.jpg

KMH: I was able to go to a junkyard after work today and grab the connector for the mirrors from a 2003 EB. Comparing his
DSCN1130_zpscdiioxt8.jpg
with mine
DSCN1112_zpsqiwigw6q.jpg
leads me to believe that I will have to wire the turn signal and heated glass function in by themselves, as I am missing about 6-7 wires that the EB had on its mirrors. Regardless, I love this mod and I cannot believe the view out of these things! Plus they just look cool :banana-mario:

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to look up your states vehicle code if a certain width ( i think its 80") from mirror to mirror is exceeded you might need clearance lights. Most cops might let this slide,but if you need a state safety inspection you might not pass

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He does bring up a good point. I think every state except for California doesn't include the mirrors into the width of the vehicle but I may be mistaken.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Looked at the work trucks today with the towing mirrors none had clearance lights . the mirrors were the pull-out types like cman1120 installed.

OleAppleJack

Reaction score
Thanks to browsing this forum quite frequently, I had read this thread a week or two ago.
We became in need of a pair of extendable mirrors for our 2011 E450 van at work.
Ordered these today:

Search Results for mirror pair - 1A Auto

Ford house wanted $1200 for OEM, local accessory shop wanted $750.
We bought from above for $213.45.
Thanks you rice_classic for posting the link.
20150417_071343.jpg

Last edited: