Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
part shortages are still common, especially service parts, as most vehicle production is currently bottlenecked with supplier parts from the covid shutdown. vehicle production parts will get priority over service parts for the majority of the suppliers.

That's funny. If that is truly the case, it's like saying - hey current owners, thanks for buying our product but we care far less about you right now, future buyers have priority... Love it. Not to mention that legally, in some cases that would literally lead to safety issues for current owners, that should be regulated by NHTSA...

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im getting ready to do the update, what version would you suggest? I currently have version 3.0 Build 20204, Gracenote Version 1.1.1.1149, Nav Map Version 1.15 and have no issues but would like the redesign. I don't have the speed issue in Waze. What would you all recommend?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im getting ready to do the update, what version would you suggest? I currently have version 3.0 Build 20204, Gracenote Version 1.1.1.1149, Nav Map Version 1.15 and have no issues but would like the redesign. I don't have the speed issue in Waze. What would you all recommend?

Do it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Loki, I'm assuming the ports in the vehicle are still some version of USB2 right? i.e. USB 2.1? Seems that if they were 3 this stuff would likely go a lot faster. I pretty only use USB3 sticks anymore.

Also, I definitely have not tried the firmware, just doesn't seem worth it. Everything else works fine.

The USB chipsets are technically 3.0 because they have to be to be Apple CarPlay certified, but I think the bus on the APIM is not. I agree on the speed. Also, some of the drives early on I had the best luck with were good USB 2.0 drives. They were only slightly slower than the 3.0 drives I use now...

Yeah, stay away from the Firmware unless you are brave and fully understand hat you are getting into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I updated my Sync 3 (3.0) to 3.3 first to make sure it would work then to 3.4 and everything went smoothly. The only issue I have found is it has now tripled everything in the APIM in Forscan.

Screenshot (82).png

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also has anyone messed with the themes and figured out which ones work properly? Because from the test settings on the radio itself the first 2 I tried the resolution is way off.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I updated my Sync 3 (3.0) to 3.3 first to make sure it would work then to 3.4 and everything went smoothly. The only issue I have found is it has now tripled everything in the APIM in Forscan.

View attachment 40119

Did you use the CyanLabs install, and after the update did you reboot 2 times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, just for clarity, please nobody else go to 3.3 instead of straight to 3.4. There is very little difference between going from 3.0 - 3.4 vs 3.0 - 3.3. 3.3 has some issues...and could cause other problems.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also has anyone messed with the themes and figured out which ones work properly? Because from the test settings on the radio itself the first 2 I tried the resolution is way off.

Most Themes will work other than the 10.1 ones. Those are for the vertical Explorer and the horizontal Lincoln’s.