Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Post a day using Sync build 3.4.21098, it is noticeability faster navigating from menu 2 menu or screen to screen. Almost instant response now. I also have more apps available on the sync screen/CarPlay (Dunkin Donuts & Cisco WebEx were the ones I noticed as new so far).

Webex has been CarPlay capable for a while. They removed it in last revision, cause it was buggy. They apparently added support back in the most recent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well well... It's done. All total 8-10 files it downloaded. I tried to keep track but I'm sure I missed one or two. No more than 10 though...

Kinda bummed they changed the GUI for the radio stations and now no image shows up. It used to have the stations logo. Now nothing.

Looks like was some changes to Ford Pass and now Google assistant works without having to plug in USB and launch Android Auto.

What changes do you see in Ford Pass and what are the settings to get the Google Assistant to work without Android Auto enabled? Do the newer Expeditions support wireless AA?

Last edited:

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LokiWolf - The FAQ's for the APIM update state, "Before starting this process, it is recommended that you try making the AsBuilt changes to try enabling calm screen and radio logos first - Approx 2018 and onward vehicles are likely to have this update anyway. (NOTE: Once you have made the AsBuilt changes, perform a master reset of your APIM and check that radio logos and calm screen stay enabled. If they disappear, you will need to follow this guide to make the changes stay permanently)"

Have you had success with this AsBuilt process on '18-'19 models?

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like you have an iPhone. Here's what I see in Android 11 for the same version of Sync.
45517ccdf70f810f35e03de0c03ec239.jpg

Last edited:

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What changes do you see in Ford Pass and what are the settings to get the Google Assistant to work without Android Auto enabled? Do the newer Expeditions support wireless AA?

In the Phone settings menu there is now a button for Voice Assistant. You can specify either Google or Alexa. A long press of the VR button on the steering wheel will bring it up.