Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
forscan.jpg

I see calm screen but can't find the radio logos. Does this require updating the APIM?

Last edited:

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that HD radio button / ICON new to 21xxx version? I have the second latest version and no button / icon.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all, question for the group. I am at 20198 and have had no issues really. One black screen when starting the vehicle with Android auto connected, but just unplug the USB and it goes back to normal.

However, I just noticed it looks like the WebEx integration is gone. Anyone else notice this? I can't find anything on the Cisco site or on the android auto forums.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all, question for the group. I am at 20198 and have had no issues really. One black screen when starting the vehicle with Android auto connected, but just unplug the USB and it goes back to normal.

However, I just noticed it looks like the WebEx integration is gone. Anyone else notice this? I can't find anything on the Cisco site or on the android auto forums.
It’s available in 21098

DF3E412B-777A-4E38-A6FD-05EE2F0DB9F6.png

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But that says carplay, I'm looking for Android auto. Maybe there's a difference?

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But that says carplay, I'm looking for Android auto. Maybe there's a difference?

Yeah, They might not have added it back for AA. Assuming it is following the same pattern CP support did for WebEx.

To clarify, the version of Sync does not affect this. It is Cisco messing with AA and CP support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I see WebEx on my 20198 install with my Galaxy S21.

Lghtspeedz

Reaction score
Completely normal. As long as the files continue to change names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, you seem to know a lot about this. I’m still new to this car and learning how the updates work. I successfully updated to 21020 on my ‘20 LTD by USB from the Ford site. I’m unsuccessful at getting it logged by their link on the sync site - they are having problems.

But I have found a position to continue getting the updates by WiFi. So while I am on 21020 I am still getting updates to download and install. So far none have kicked me to 21098. If five or six updates aren’t pushing me to the next version what exactly is it doing? What does each update do if it’s still the same version number at the end?

It appears to be downloading a different file each time. Am I just slowly building towards 21098? The fact that the rev number is the same after each update puzzles me.

Thanks!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, you seem to know a lot about this. I’m still new to this car and learning how the updates work. I successfully updated to 21020 on my ‘20 LTD by USB from the Ford site. I’m unsuccessful at getting it logged by their link on the sync site - they are having problems.

But I have found a position to continue getting the updates by WiFi. So while I am on 21020 I am still getting updates to download and install. So far none have kicked me to 21098. If five or six updates aren’t pushing me to the next version what exactly is it doing? What does each update do if it’s still the same version number at the end?

It appears to be downloading a different file each time. Am I just slowly building towards 21098? The fact that the rev number is the same after each update puzzles me.

Thanks!

As long as the file names are changing, it is fine.

The over the air updates are now broken down in to 8-10 files. They are things like the GraceNote updates, Apps, Voices, and some appear to be getting the actual Nav database over the air. Look at the whole file name and make sure they are changing. If you are indeed getting the Nav update, that one will take a while!

Ford has REALLY upped their game on the over the air updates. They have improved the backend immensely.

Lghtspeedz

Reaction score
As long as the file names are changing, it is fine.

The over the air updates are now broken down in to 8-10 files. They are things like the GraceNote updates, Apps, Voices, and some appear to be getting the actual Nav database over the air. Look at the whole file name and make sure they are changing. If you are indeed getting the Nav update, that one will take a while!

Ford has REALLY upped their game on the over the air updates. They have improved the backend immensely.

Thanks! It appears to have completed the updates. You were right, probably 8-10 files. The Sync site also logged my vehicle. Out of curiosity, it’s stopping at 21020. Is everyone who has downloaded 21098 only getting it from CyanLabs? Thanks!