Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks! It appears to have completed the updates. You were right, probably 8-10 files. The Sync site also logged my vehicle. Out of curiosity, it’s stopping at 21020. Is everyone who has downloaded 21098 only getting it from CyanLabs? Thanks!
Yes, I DL'd it from CL.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As someone who is hopelessly inundated in the Apple ecosystem, am I S.O.L. When it comes to using CyanLabs updating tool? Or is there a Mac OS or iOS version of this tool available? I didn’t see anything on the CyanLabs website indicating such.

Currently still running Sync 3.0, build 17276

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As someone who is hopelessly inundated in the Apple ecosystem, am I S.O.L. When it comes to using CyanLabs updating tool? Or is there a Mac OS or iOS version of this tool available? I didn’t see anything on the CyanLabs website indicating such.

No iOS that I've seen. You'll probably need to run Windows in a VM. I used Parallels for years.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Same here, I bought a cheap Microsoft surface for $500.00. I use it only for updating Sync, FORscan and flashing my SxS and quad. I never liked putting windows on my [emoji335] Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yosemite Sam

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Exp with 3.0.19205 and I am getting ready to update to
3.4.21098 with navaigation. Has anybody installed this latest version
yet and how did it go?

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Not played with this in months. My screen indicates Sync 3.4 and Build 20136. And is the CyanLabs version. All ya need is the file(s) on a USB stick, no PC required to connect to the truck.

Have to look back in a couple of weeks when there more play time.

-- Chuck

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Exp with 3.0.19205 and I am getting ready to update to
3.4.21098 with navaigation. Has anybody installed this latest version
yet and how did it go?
Yes, been running it for a while, no issues.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not played with this in months. My screen indicates Sync 3.4 and Build 20136. And is the CyanLabs version. All ya need is the file(s) on a USB stick, no PC required to connect to the truck.

Have to look back in a couple of weeks when there more play time.

-- Chuck
The updater app that creates the files from CL, is only Windows based, hence the comments above.