Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems like a new version just came out recently. I just updated yesterday. All went well.
What is the new version? The Ford site is telling me that I am up to date:
Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.21194) is up to date.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think there was a whole lot that was changed (prob just background stuff or so it appears) and for sure no new maps.

I think it's version 3.4 22XXX

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do we know which "apps" are updated? (Not sure I use any of them.)

-- Chuck
Apps is basically the Radio/Nav/Phone part of Sync, not the base OS, but the functions. I have not come across a list of things updated.

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So is there still not a fix for having the radio logos and album art show up on HD Radio or SXM on my 18? I haven’t updated yet as I was hoping for a fix. I don’t like blanks where something should be and it would bother me knowing it’s missing.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So is there still not a fix for having the radio logos and album art show up on HD Radio or SXM on my 18? I haven’t updated yet as I was hoping for a fix. I don’t like blanks where something should be and it would bother me knowing it’s missing.
I'm on the latest 3.4 release and I have the art on SXM but not HD radio. It is annoying that when I get into my RAM it's there but not in my Ford.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is. You have to Flash the APIM with the newest code. In my opinion, not worth the risk for the small gain. The APIM is not cheap.

I'm on the latest 3.4 release and I have the art on SXM but not HD radio. It is annoying that when I get into my RAM it's there but not in my Ford.
Rob, you have the newer APIM code, because you are on a 2021, so the software update should have given you everything. You should also have calm screen also. If you don't wondering if you got an early 21 with an older APIM code. If you have FORSCAN, and can give me the details on the APIM we can confirm.