Vista roof noise, sqeak and rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TDN2018

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I am a newbie. Picked up a brand new '18 expedition max XLT with the vista roof a month ago. After about 600 miles I noticed a rattle sound coming from the passenger side of the movable moon-roof where it meets the fixed glass. It only rattles when the road is on even. A few weeks later noticed a second noise, this time more like a squeak or pop, I narrowed the source down to the rear corner of the fixed glass on the passenger side. Again it is audible when the road is uneven. I cannot t find anyone with this issue. However, on the F-150 forums I see that the 2015-2017 models have this problem. Ford issued a TSB fix involving lubing the gaskets with grease. Anyone of have similar issues and more importantly, fixes?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought that was my issue b4 bit was told it was the seat...i dont think they were right but it doesnt bother me anymore.