Warning low oil pressure!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear 5150 pops, unfortunately it’s often a fight to get issues like this resolved. Be vigilant and aware. It’s a new truck under warranty and it sounds like you caught them in a few lies. Whether the engine is damaged or not seems to be in question at this point. We will await more information, good luck..

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright, I need to get this out there...it annoys me when folks start threads about problems, they have first hand experience with, only to almost immediately go AWOL.

I can not go into too many details as of this moment, but I would like to provide everyone - who might be curious - of the current state of progress or lack thereof.

It was made painfully obvious to me, regardless of whether my claim merits warranty, this dealership (I did not buy from, that one is ~125 miles away), is inclined to make bold claims, as well as some outright libelled statements concerning my ability to properly read a dipstick, choose the correct oil filter/oil viscosity and many many more slanderous "observations".

Unfortunately I will not be participating much here in this thread, until there is a resolution. Once there is, I'll be more than happy to share as much of the details as I will be legally allowed.

Right now, what was my sole issue of importance, is not just with Ford, now includes the dealer's employees, including the Advisor and how they choose to conduct business.

In all fairness this could be nothing more than a minor problem.

All the documentation I was presented with indicates zero use of diagnostic computer, simply a visual inspection was done, with the outcome being the claim of being a quart short of oil, AND the wrong weight oil used, as well as the fresh Synthetic oil I poured in, was pitch black, and contained metal matter. Codes were ever sought. I was completely forthwith concerning components I changed ahead of their "actual service". At no point that I am aware, did they check the oil pressure switch, any wiring, or the actual pressure with a proper gauge...
The idea is the engine is simply damaged period, due to the circumstancial evidence, including some knocking present.

For 40+ years I have changed my own engine oil & filter, and done most maintenance on my vehicles - and my family vehicles.

Three major surgeries have ended most of my self-done maintenance.

I bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, and had all the maintenance done at the selling dealer. Twice, the “factory trained technicians” put the wrong viscosity oil in my engine (based upon the customer-pay invoice I received), and once overfilled the engine oil by two quarts. I had them redo the oil change and filter for the first two, and drain the oil and put new oil the engine for the overfill.

I no longer go to my selling dealer for any service - warranty or customer pay. I also don’t hesitate to tell others of their miserable service.

My point - even if a dealer did the oil change, don’t bet that they used the right viscosity oil, the right type of oil, or put the right amount in the engine.

Good luck - I wish you nothing but the best.

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All I can say is, if this proves to be something elementary, rather than dire, I will have immense pleasure spilling the dirt, as well as driving back to my new favorite dealer, simply to do nothing more than to tell them **** OFF.

I should offer to pray for their souls, but at this moment in time, I'm too weak to allow such a thought to exit my lips.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
For 40+ years I have changed my own engine oil & filter, and done most maintenance on my vehicles - and my family vehicles.

Three major surgeries have ended most of my self-done maintenance.

I bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, and had all the maintenance done at the selling dealer. Twice, the “factory trained technicians” put the wrong viscosity oil in my engine (based upon the customer-pay invoice I received), and once overfilled the engine oil by two quarts. I had them redo the oil change and filter for the first two, and drain the oil and put new oil the engine for the overfill.

I no longer go to my selling dealer for any service - warranty or customer pay. I also don’t hesitate to tell others of their miserable service.

My point - even if a dealer did the oil change, don’t bet that they used the right viscosity oil, the right type of oil, or put the right amount in the engine.

Good luck - I wish you nothing but the best.

Seeing this reminds me of one of my other diesels I took it for a "quick" service, and ended up being anything but.

It was supposed to be a basic dealer oil change and they failed to tell me they're guys were over booked. So they brilliantly used a porter aka shop cleaner to do the oil change. He managed to put 3.5 gals in a 3 gallon capacity motor.

I gave the dealership GM a full blown riot and forced him to put in writing the error which I made very clear that if even the slightest issue came about with the $20k 6.7l cummins diesel motor it was their ass eating the cost.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Alright, I need to get this out there...it annoys me when folks start threads about problems, they have first hand experience with, only to almost immediately go AWOL.

I can not go into too many details as of this moment, but I would like to provide everyone - who might be curious - of the current state of progress or lack thereof.

It was made painfully obvious to me, regardless of whether my claim merits warranty, this dealership (I did not buy from, that one is ~125 miles away), is inclined to make bold claims, as well as some outright libelled statements concerning my ability to properly read a dipstick, choose the correct oil filter/oil viscosity and many many more slanderous "observations".

Unfortunately I will not be participating much here in this thread, until there is a resolution. Once there is, I'll be more than happy to share as much of the details as I will be legally allowed.

Right now, what was my sole issue of importance, is not just with Ford, now includes the dealer's employees, including the Advisor and how they choose to conduct business.

In all fairness this could be nothing more than a minor problem.

All the documentation I was presented with indicates zero use of diagnostic computer, simply a visual inspection was done, with the outcome being the claim of being a quart short of oil, AND the wrong weight oil used, as well as the fresh Synthetic oil I poured in, was pitch black, and contained metal matter. Codes were ever sought. I was completely forthwith concerning components I changed ahead of their "actual service". At no point that I am aware, did they check the oil pressure switch, any wiring, or the actual pressure with a proper gauge...
The idea is the engine is simply damaged period, due to the circumstancial evidence, including some knocking present.

First off addressing the some knocking statement. Since it's gotten colder here in Texas I have noticed an isolated cold knock from the motor that I do not like. It's only at 2400 miles, and does go away once warm. This could be a direct injection fuel knock, but its definitely a knock and not clatter from timing.

Did you visually see them drain the contents and see first hand the metal in the oil? If not they have to prove they pulled that from your vehicle.

What weight did you use?

You need to have them immediately stop touching your vehicle, gather all documents, and note their comments, then accelerate to a regional Ford rep.

Dealers are not Ford, they are badge wearers for the highest bidder essentially and an ASE or tech cert often means "always screwing everyone".

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First off addressing the some knocking statement. Since it's gotten colder here in Texas I have noticed an isolated cold knock from the motor that I do not like. It's only at 2400 miles, and does go away once warm. This could be a direct injection fuel knock, but its definitely a knock and not clatter from timing.
I always have a clatter/knock on startup, have since (almost) new. Asked the dealer about it and they said it's normal. Obviously I have no idea if you and I are talking about the same thing, but I guess it's possible. Either way, it's not attractive when the thing rattles like an old Chevy on start. Oh well.

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Did you visually see them drain the contents and see first hand the metal in the oil? If not they have to prove they pulled that from your vehicle.

What weight did you use?

You need to have them immediately stop touching your vehicle, gather all documents, and note their comments, then accelerate to a regional Ford rep.

Dealers are not Ford, they are badge wearers for the highest bidder essentially and an ASE or tech cert often means "always screwing everyone".

Appreciate everyone's constructive feedback so far.

@Blackscreen67 - preaching--------->>>>>choir
See post #30.
1st mistake, going to this dealership.
2nd mistake, dropping it off at this dealer, using Dropbox.

I apologise, I thought I was more clear in color commentary.
When the almighty advisor was tossing the info via phone, while I was at work, I knew immediately, I HAD made a poor choice. See summary of two major mistakes I affirmed above this paragraph. Not that those are meant to be my admission of ONLY 2 mistakes on my part, but they alone are responsible for about $250 paid to dealership, and tow company, plus cost of oil and filter that was summarily tossed, away and the reduction in work hours due in no small part of having to immediately retrieve my property before anymore unscrupulous voodoo, mysteriously falls upon it.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I am pretty sure new model cars, have 'black box' event recorders. If they see a bad engine and you been doing 'drag strip' pulls, they might consider it abuse. Ford just doesn't replace engines, they have seen it all. Pushing a new engine under 3000mi(brk in) to the reline, not so smart. New engines have break in oil, that you drained out at 600mi. Using the wrong viscosity or recommended fluid, will void warranty.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always have a clatter/knock on startup, have since (almost) new. Asked the dealer about it and they said it's normal. Obviously I have no idea if you and I are talking about the same thing, but I guess it's possible. Either way, it's not attractive when the thing rattles like an old Chevy on start. Oh well.

Many 5.0 and 3.5 Ecoboost owners experience rattles on startup and coming off the gas in F-150s. Ford recently released a fix (TSB) for the 5.0 which is a ECU reflash which has worked well for most. Still no solution for ecoboosts minus replacing the camphasers it seems. Nobody seems to know if there are long term effects or not at this point, mystery.

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am pretty sure new model cars, have 'black box' event recorders. If they see a bad engine and you been doing 'drag strip' pulls, they might consider it abuse. Ford just doesn't replace engines, they have seen it all. Pushing a new engine under 3000mi(brk in) to the reline, not so smart. New engines have break in oil, that you drained out at 600mi.

Can you be any more ignorant?
Really, dragging 9200lbs of dead weight plus the weight of the vehicle (6000lbs) from a standstill, up to highway speed, is faaaaaaaaaarrrrrr more abusive to an engine and drivetrain, than a few spirited runs from a deadstop pushing 6,000 lbs.

Rings have seated within 250-400 miles in every new engine I've had since 1992. The voodoo oil crap is just that, crap.

Get familiar with the law, rather than conjecture, and assumptions. Dragstrip runs, that are simply for recreational purposes, and in no way, shape form or fashion for an active participation in a sanctioned event, can in no way be the single means with which to void a warranty. Changing your oil, in your own vehicle more frequently than the minimum suggested intervals, in no possible way, can have a negative effect on the components longevity.

Who the F, left the door open to the clubhouse for this ******, and his ignorance???