Warranty about to expire. Need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My warranty expires in 10,000 miles. The Expy EB is in as I type having the head gasket replaced. I will certainly keep a close eye on that over the next 10,000 miles.

Here is my quesion(s), would you guys advise that I take my Expy into Ford and have them inspect the vehicle for any warranty issues? Will they even do that and can I trust that they would be honest about it? Also, are there any imfamous warranty issues or problems that the Expys have had that maybe I could pay close attention too?

Also interested in the possibility of purchasing a warranty for when my original (6yr 100,000) warranty expires. Are they worth it? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Erin

My 2001 Harley Deuce

groundpounders2001deuce.msnw

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know of anything typical that should be checked for. Usually the problems surface and are evident.

For what it is worth, every extended warranty I have ever purchased saved me at least twice what I paid for it and I'm VERY **** about vehicle maintenance.

Best bet (and will be the route I take with my 03 in the next month of two) would be to purchase a Ford ESP. Aftermarket ones are good but it is hard to fault the factory warranty. I've had some surprises with aftermarket warranties.

Over at www.ford-trucks.com, in the new buyer forum is a user named 1956MarkVII otherwise known as "Jeff". Email him and see what kind of deal he can make for you on a Ford ESP. He'll take care of ya!