Went to the mountains yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats why i drift going up hills or at the end of the 8 freeway it curves down to the right and its a left turn so i floor it and make the rear go out on me and scare everyone behind me thats tails gating. i like doing it. and if a cop ever pulls me over i would be like im sorry it was slipperly there. haha i never been threw snow yet. unless you count the little bit on the side of the road that i run over. haha other than that nothing.

OP
OP
99 Expy

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can get it loose if it's slick enough, since these guys are so heavy, I think they stop great on ice. If it is really slick or when I drive on gravel roads, I unplug an ABS switch to disengage the ABS and it works great. Since I've gotten the expy, I've calmed down a little and don't drift to much, but it is a blast with an inch or so of powder on the ground. Whenever we got out early in high school, me and my buddies would go drive around for the rest of the day drifting around corners and messing around. Its fun until its slicker than you anticipate and slide off the road. . . . lol

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you unplug an abs sensor? which one? i hate stopping this thing in the sand. cant stop worth crap cause of the abs.

OP
OP
99 Expy

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One time when I was working on the truck, I unplugged the front passenger side sensor and forgot to plug it back in. It was icy out at that time and I messed with it. I was able to pretty much stomp on the brakes and stop much faster and the ABS never kicked in. If I ever try to stop fast on ice or slick snow with the ABS on, it takes forever to stop. Other than the ABS light on with the switch unplugged, I never noticed any problems.

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its so nice drifting in the snow in thease huge things the a4wd works awesome when drifting you never spin out i wish i had 2wd tho i think i might go off roading this weekend so ill see if i can take some pics

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i only ever drifted in a4wd once and it was wet and on an on ramp to a freeway. i could hear the front tires trying to grab the road. it was a cool feeling. and the fact that i had all under control was even better.

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yah all you have is controle in thease huge beasts i have drifted my dads 07 once but it wasent that big of a drift b/c the traction controle comes on even when its off :mad: