What and how do you keep it in your Expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fozzy

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why carry two impact guns?

For the SxS. The big gun will break most bolts and wheel studs on small things. It will take Semi lug nuts off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
... But, moral of the story, put your first-aid kit and your recovery items at the TOP, NOT the bottom. :)
Totally agree. I made sure the first aid kit was easily accessible, as well as the Jump-n-Carry. Good list. I also have a visibility vest , roll of TP, socket & breaker bar for lugs, plastic bags, tarp section, poncho, axe & bowsaw, bag with lots of small tools, OBDII reader, voltmeter, flares, known good snake belt. Some of that is camping equipment. I gutted the rear floor of the EL to make a compartment for that stuff and it also serves as a platform for my bed. The ACE bandage kit & medical kit I've never personally needed but for the other folks who did need it - sure was nice to have. Overkill probably but I keep a spare tracfone & charger (good for a year) inside that little door area on left. On big trips I always have a wallet with copies of everything in my usual wallet - xtra key - lotsa cash, and a charge card well hidden inside the vehicle in case I end up without a wallet far from home.
IMG_1935.JPG

I got an EXPED MegaMat for sleeping back there.
As good or better than my mattress at home!
IMG_1934.JPG

The Jump-n-Carry fits snugly under the passenger seat.
Would not want that flying around in an accident!
IMG_1936.JPG

Just to left of that is where I stash my golf clubs. When travelling around the country if I spy a nice golf course I'm golfing in a matter of minutes. Being able to access critical items (like golf equipment) quickly when needed is nice.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I travel with my boat or SxS trailer I put these on the roof. A few extra tools and a guaranteed tire change. Funny thing is (Knock on a aluminum/ plastic hood) I use them more for other people on the road. One trip we ran into a group that where almost to the lake in the middle of nowhere. Big group in shorts and flip flops staring at the wheel. I told my wife I was going to stop and see if they where good. They couldn’t get the lugs off and had pulled the front tire on a rock to try and jack it up. I was in shorts and flip flops. Grabbed my coveralls, bottle jack and this beast and gave them a NASCAR style pit stop. It’s so much more fun when it’s not you.

cc2d490fe0d94fe478e9e7729f68f812.jpg
231c52e7d94d219abdb52f55b6871d81.jpg
7f237a8dcca960ffccdd9fc2f149a4c8.jpg
78504f3309d2221592375d1aa5e68e82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got mine mounted, was able to get 3 screws in... 2 in the middle and 1 on the front corner along the side rail. I went with one on both sides to quell my obsession with symmetry and will tackle my other obsession with organization with the foam inserts in the coming days. For the time being they are loaded and I’ll test them out this weekend on a quick trip we have. My only issue is my car won’t fit in the garage if the tool box is mounted so I just have to remember to take it off before I park after the trip.448DF696-3F91-49DD-9C20-D17E4E227BFA.jpeg

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I might as well add my VEDC however domestically boring it is compared to some of yalls. 8CBE6003-F444-4BC4-9AF9-95823522880A.jpeg
Bike trailer/ stroller and helmets, emergency ******* for when the bushes won’t do, a couple of storage cubes with extra clothing and rain gear along with a few different day hiking pack options and a couple holster options depending on activity. And grocery bags.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These came up on Instagram...
Not sure how robust the hinges would be but I like the idea that they can be used as leveling "ramps" when camping. Also since I don't have a rack setup and the tent will be taking up the roof I'd have to keep whatever I get inside so the folding in a bag design is an interesting take. Anyone ever seen these in use?

https://gotreads.com/traction-tools/

Screenshot_20200727-114405_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200727-114416_Chrome.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65