What did you do to your expedition today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally Investigated the right rear door window not lowering issue. Turns out the clips are glued in with silicone:nono:. now they have JB weld ;) took me forever to get the glass back in, wish I didn't have to remove it but it made it easier to prep the glass for the jb weld.

today I will try to get to running a wire from the acc delay relay to the turn on wire to the radio so it stays on until i open the door when I turn off the engine.

I want to just find a wire to pull from but so far all I found is the one going to the drivers door. which is on the door side of the GEM. so, I might end up un bolting that to grab that wire and make a quality splice.

Wish the int lights came on when I remove the key like my last cars did.

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally Investigated the right rear door window not lowering issue. Turns out the clips are glued in with silicone:nono:. now they have JB weld ;) took me forever to get the glass back in, wish I didn't have to remove it but it made it easier to prep the glass for the jb weld.

today I will try to get to running a wire from the acc delay relay to the turn on wire to the radio so it stays on until i open the door when I turn off the engine.

I want to just find a wire to pull from but so far all I found is the one going to the drivers door. which is on the door side of the GEM. so, I might end up un bolting that to grab that wire and make a quality splice.

Wish the int lights came on when I remove the key like my last cars did.

I did the delay relay thing too. I ran a wire strait from my fuse panel to the trigger side of a relay and ran the stereo turn on wire through the normally open side of the relay. It works well. You can probably just run your stereo turn on strait to the fuse panel and be fine. I ran more then my stereo to the delay relay so that's why I used a relay

hades02

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered a new a/c compressor and component kit. Moved to Florida and drove the Expy down from CT. She started making noise around New Jersey. Got me all the way home (24 hours) safe and sound. Backed my trailer carrying my motorcycle and tools into the garage and that's when the compressor siezed. Talk about luck. Need to order the parts to do the e-fan swap.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did the delay relay thing too. I ran a wire strait from my fuse panel to the trigger side of a relay and ran the stereo turn on wire through the normally open side of the relay. It works well. You can probably just run your stereo turn on strait to the fuse panel and be fine. I ran more then my stereo to the delay relay so that's why I used a relay

I used the acc delay wire. I want the radio to stay on after I kill the ign, but i want it to go off when I open the door. There is a blu/blk wire that goes the driver door that is pretty thick. I ran a 18 or 20 awg wire with a 5 amp fuse (smallest I had) to the acc wire of the radio, I also hardwired the adapter to my xm radio to it to get it out of the socket it was using. I did a current test and the wire isn't drawing but just a hair under an amp when on so It should behave fine.

cftemv8.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered a new a/c compressor and component kit. Moved to Florida and drove the Expy down from CT. She started making noise around New Jersey. Got me all the way home (24 hours) safe and sound. Backed my trailer carrying my motorcycle and tools into the garage and that's when the compressor siezed. Talk about luck. Need to order the parts to do the e-fan swap.

The po of my expy had the same problem. but rather than get a new smaller serp belt and leave the charged system in place, he used a cheap pully and tossed the comp and two hoses.:mad3: I am looking at just north of $500 for parts alone thanks to the hoses. I am considering just getting some used hoses and maybe a new compressor.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally got the oem wheel out from under the truck and bought two (for now) new General Grabber STX 245/75/R-16 tires for the rear. For some reason they aren't allowed to re-mount a wheel if there is an aged tire on it so I had to move my spare to the rear to get the best tire up front. I threw the center cap back on the wheel and drove up to the bay and I think When I move I will get four more steel wheels and run winter tires on those, Looks pretty sharp with them.

ivkFpRg.jpg

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I forgot to add, I did manage to get under the right rear wheel well and do a bit of inspection, the arms have some flaked paint and light rust. No visible weak points from it, If the weather improves I will clean them up and get a better look. also, the shocks looked brand new and are ford OEM replacements.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drove around in the only snow I will see this year.. Let me tell you, it's the most fun I've had in any vehicle in awhile. I got a little stuck when the bald front tires let go and landed me in a ditch when I went to get on another road. but luckily she slid around and the new rear tires grabbed earth and pushed me out. and I believe the LSD clutches wore out when that happened... a 25 min drive home turned into a 2 1/2 hour adventure. now that the cars are off of the back roads I live on I took a few buddies and did a few power slides for fun. everyone agrees that this is the best $400 I have ever spent :D