What to look for when buying a gen 1 expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i will tell you what to look for when buying and expy....a different truck! hahah. I love my expy but I DO NOT love changing the spark plugs on this f-ing thing! Nor do I have the patience, so now I have to pay somebody to change them, very upset about this!

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all suspension bushings for cracking and rott, saggy coil springs, rear pinion seal leak, oil cooler lines leaking, tie rods, idler and pittman arms.

Biged1968

Reaction score
ac lines rusted out at the ac compressor, weak shocks, worn hardware kit on rear disc brakes and do not even try to use cheap rear pads on these things, and check the heat shield above the driver side cat , they rust,come loose and rattle and ting.
put never seize around the front hubs if you have factory aluminum wheels

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i will tell you what to look for when buying and expy....a different truck! hahah. I love my expy but I DO NOT love changing the spark plugs on this f-ing thing! Nor do I have the patience, so now I have to pay somebody to change them, very upset about this!

spark plugs where fairly easy bout an hour or so just follow the steps people have already sent links of when doing the spark plugs and it isnt that bad at all

zets101

Reaction score
spark plugs where fairly easy bout an hour or so just follow the steps people have already sent links of when doing the spark plugs and it isnt that bad at all

PFFFFT! Bull! I changed mine, hardest spark plug job I have ever done in my life! Don't even get me started on plug #4 either, the one that is wrapped up in heater hoses.