Where to get a very good deal on Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mead85

Reaction score
Depends on how you feel about warranty’s. If you like having a warranty then yes. This is a good plan (the premium plan with the add ons) that covers you well. Kinda depends on how long you’re going to keep the vehicle IMO.
I always keep vehicles for over 10 years. Is the premium plan that much better than the extra care? I know more is covered but I’m more concerned with engine, transmission, turbos. I’ve had a transmission go out in a ford and my wife’s last expedition had to get the engine replaced because it messed up. Doesn’t the extra care plan cover what I’m looking at? I don’t mind changing lights out or working on my vehicles but changing out and engine or transmission is to much for me to do. Thanks.

Mead85

Reaction score
I usually keep my vehicles for 10plus years. I just want the big things covered like engine, transmission, turbos, etc. I don’t mind working on my vehicles doing small couple hundred dollar things but big stuff I can’t do myself. I’ve had a transmission go out before and my wife’s engine had to get replaced in her last expedition($6500 at a mom and pops shop). I’ve looked at the premium plan and extrand compared the two but the extra covers what I’m thinking about going wrong.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depends on how you feel about warranty’s. If you like having a warranty then yes. This is a good plan (the premium plan with the add ons) that covers you well. Kinda depends on how long you’re going to keep the vehicle IMO.

I would add - that if you sell the vehicle, the plan can be transferred or sold with the vehicle, or you can cancel the plan and receive a prorated refund.

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always keep vehicles for over 10 years. Is the premium plan that much better than the extra care? I know more is covered but I’m more concerned with engine, transmission, turbos. I’ve had a transmission go out in a ford and my wife’s last expedition had to get the engine replaced because it messed up. Doesn’t the extra care plan cover what I’m looking at? I don’t mind changing lights out or working on my vehicles but changing out and engine or transmission is to much for me to do. Thanks.

Premium care is the best ESP plan. Go to flood ford and look at the plans. Everything is well laid out. I don’t know the ins and out and wouldn’t want to give you a wrong answer.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I wonder what that looks like IRL. I may chat with them to dig in a bit.

@carymccarr what do you mean "what it looks like in real life"? the links are there and the state specific rules are linked there too. These contracts have been transferable/cancelable for many many years...

I dont think its unreasonable for someone to charge a small fee to execute some change or paperwork...and pro-rating the unused portion (while I dont like it) is necessary for the business to stay alive and minimize financial ruin/risk.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@carymccarr what do you mean "what it looks like in real life"? the links are there and the state specific rules are linked there too. These contracts have been transferable/cancelable for many many years...

I dont think its unreasonable for someone to charge a small fee to execute some change or paperwork...and pro-rating the unused portion (while I dont like it) is necessary for the business to stay alive and minimize financial ruin/risk.

What I mean is what does ‘time and mileage’ mean.

Assuming it’s just time based...if you buy a plan when you get your car and get a 6 year plan for $1500 then cancel at the end of year 5 you’ll get $240 back after, effectively, one year of coverage.

The plans aren’t really ‘6 years’ or whatever. My navigator has a 4 year bumper to bumper and a 6 year powertrain. The ESP would only be effective in year 7 and beyond but I’d have to buy a 7+ year ESP for that to happen.