Whistling Noise Above 25mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

just a suggestion make sure you roof racks are tight. or remove the cross members and try again

OP
OP
S

steinburger56

Reaction score
Got It!

I found the problem here, and it's disturbing to say the least. Always check the last thing you've worked on! For this hamburger mechanic, it was the front brakes, all new Motorcraft parts. Thing is, upon another inspection behind the wheel I found the top caliper bracket bolts on both sides were loose, as in several threads showing. I was hanging on these with a 24" breaker bar! Turns out, the threadlocker that Ford applies at the factory isn't just an over-precaution. I loaded them up with Loctite Blue and torqued them down. Noise solved! I guess when they warmed up, the bracket was moving enough to drag on the rotor a little, causing the whistle noise. Wish I had found this before I towed a 5500lb boat 500 miles home from L.A. Hope you guys can find something useful from my mistake! Thanks again for all the replies.

B

bedrck46

you would be surprised by the amount of times it has been suggested to check what you worked on last and the replies that come back and most of the time that is where the problem comes from

Thanks for the update I am sure it will help others if they pay attention