for those with a CCW, where do you keep your sidearm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LoL you guys totally have me on a gun kick right now so maybe a mod should move this portion of the thread to the lounge since it has nothing to do with Expys, but...

This is a pic of me firing off a fully auto MP5 in Afghanistan.

We were at a shoot house just off of base when these Romanian special Ops guys came roaring up in black SUVs to play around on the shoot house. Strangely enough they had never fired an M4 or an M16 before, so they asked us if they could try out our weapons. We said sure as long as we could play with theirs. They ended up having all kinds of wacky shit with them (including some crazy version of an AK with see through mags and a see through chamber system) but I chose the MP5 and had a crap load of fun with it. I have a video somewhere of me pushing through the shoot house obliterating soda bottles we tacked to the walls). Good times (=

Attachments

• mp5.jpg
    mp5.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 118

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just do it you will love it. I got my GEN 4 with night sights a few months ago and CCP about a month ago. I always carry on me or in the center console with a paddle holster mounted. But when in the wifes Expedition i normally keep it on me as she usually drives since its her truck.

2011-04-16130813.jpg

2011-04-16130733.jpg

2011-04-16131030.jpg

i did it...loving it!!! went to the range on saturday...NIIIIICE!!! that website at the beginning of the thread is nice...i can get the attachment holster for $55...it'll be placed on the outside of the console by my leg...i'll get that upon my return...or right before...

ExpyPlowGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish I could get a CCW permit. Have to love the great state of Illinois.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$50 and 7 working days later...in hand in virginia...bought the outside center console left side (down by right leg) holster...$88.54 will have it before christmas...i head out on friday next week...so i hope he's right...says they hand make them to order...3 days to make...by hand...im hype...

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have photo's but on my '98 I took the empty slot below the column, drilled out the end of it, lined it with tool box liner, and now my 380 Bersa w/hollow points fits in it real nice. I'll try and get a photo tomorrow.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
I just retired a 45. cal para-ordinance and bought this 40cal. Ruger with built in laser...this is really light and I carry it all the time....I would never leave a firearm in my truck....what good is it gonna do me in there...never leave home without it...

Attachments

• ruger.jpg
    ruger.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never leave home without mine either. Took my office to a hockey game on Friday. Warned them that I keep my pistol in the truck and carry concealed. Good thing, we had to park in a not so good poorly light place for the game

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I carry with either an IWB galco holster or a Blackhawk kydex on the waist holster. The blackhawk has the push button release which I like sometimes depending on what I'm doing but it is less concealing. Sometimes if I'm going on a longer car ride (within CA) I will use the center console but otherwise just on my hip. On my CCW I have my Glock and Ruger. I chose the glock specifically as I started looking for a better concealed option because the Ruger is larger. I have an IWB for the Ruger but that is not nearly as comfortable as an inside the jacket one I bought for it. The inside the jacket one is great as far as attachment points but can be awkward if you do not have your shirt tucked in (One of the straps wraps around the belt and goes back up so it can kind of bunch your shirt) or if you take your jacket off, obviously you are no longer concealing... My glock is small and not exactly light weight but it's not too bothersom either.

I like the idea of the car vault because sometimes you do want to just be able to lock it in there for whatever reason, and it's not like a gun is the only thing you will use that for. A few years back someone was selling one on here too I believe and I have seen them on ebay before as well custom for Expos. Even if I am not carrying, I would leave my ipod or stereo face plate in it sometimes.

In CA getting a CCW can be extremely hard. As noted before in this thread, it depends on the county in which you live. I live in both Butte and Alameda county and I would have no chance of getting on in Alameda so mine is issued through the Butte Co Sheriff. CCW class was about $70 and then backround check from Sheriff/DOJ was like $180 (about three years ago). When I just renewed mine in April I retook the class and as long as you don't let yours expire (at least in Butte) they charged me less than $100 from the sheriff for the renewal and issued it to me on the spot. My initial application took almost the full six weeks that they said it would to be mailed to me. If you want to get one in CA look for more Rural areas.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

got my holster today...installed today...check out the pics...

IMG-20111220-00041.jpg
IMG-20111220-00042.jpg
IMG-20111220-00043.jpg
IMG-20111220-00045.jpg
IMG-20111220-00044.jpg
IMG-20111220-00046.jpg
IMG-20111220-00047.jpg