for those with a CCW, where do you keep your sidearm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offroadexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In texas you must present your card with your drivers license, if you dont and they run your license and the ccw comes up, you will get your vehicle searched and more than likely get a ticket of some kind just for ******* off the trooper. Its just alot easier to hand them the card then they ask you if you have it with you, you tell them yes or no and if you do have it with you they will ask you where it is and some of them want to see it..... pita, but gotta deal with it or do with out

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I keep mine in between my seat and the center console.
I havent been pulled over since i got it so i havent had to tell them about it but if i did get pulled over, i wouldnt tell them unless they asked.
attachment.php

Walnuts - my license only cost $7.50 and took about 1 week to get approved.

That is where I keep mine that way if I ever need it I can shoot with my right and steer with my left. :flamingdevil:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and i thought it was hard getting a CCW here in cali. i think its a 4-6 month waiting period. i want to get a small 9. go to a range and learn. theres actually a free class i can take, but just have to buy the ammo. seems funn. i think ill take it next semester. my friends all ready did. so ill go do it. but if i had it on me i would keep it hiden. most likely in my pocket behind the rear seat. i have a seat cover, but that pocket is ripped, so i can still reach the seat pocket.

in cali isn't open carry all that is allowed ( gun but not loaded) ???

i don't carry all the time but when i do it is with in arms reach usually in the console or under the driver seat...

and if i get pulled over i have to notify the officer at first chance...

in my semi it can't be with in my reach from the drivers seat. but break in while im sleepin i dare ya

BigDaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gun is on my hip where it belongs.

Agreed. As a dad with several children, I do not have my gun "loose" in the vehicle and certainly not just shoved down between the seat and console. If I am worried about the butt wearing on the seat back over a long period of time, I keep a small dishtowel sized towel with me to pad it.

I personally don't mind the small discomfort. I favor a behind the right hip carry and I have no issues with drawing it while seated and belted. I used to have a driving holster that actually had a strap that went under my belt and fastened on top of the holster, allowing me to wear the pistol as a crossdraw rig, right on top of my left thigh. I haven't used it in years.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as far i knew about cali law is that you can carry, it just has to visible. but i can ask my uncle that one. but thats if you have a licence for it. this regular customer came in and we were talking and he has a licence to carry cause he used to work a 711 that kept getting robbed on what seemed a nightly occurrence. so he would pull he gun and ask questions later. he shot some guy in the leg when he walked in with a knife and a mask. not even time to go to the counter. haha

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Due to the great laws of this country, I have another 9 months until I can get my concealed permit, but if I have mine on me, its either on my hip or console.

Panda, if your looking for a small 9, my dad gave me his Ruger SR9 last fall and I love it! I went on my first hike with it (4 miles) and I never noticed it once, and it destroyed the rattler that scared the :dancingpoop: out of me. . . . I know it has a lot of holes, but it wouldn't die so I kept shooting

IMG_2564.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Due to the great laws of this country, I have another 9 months until I can get my concealed permit, but if I have mine on me, its either on my hip or console.

Panda, if your looking for a small 9, my dad gave me his Ruger SR9 last fall and I love it! I went on my first hike with it (4 miles) and I never noticed it once, and it destroyed the rattler that scared the :dancingpoop: out of me. . . . I know it has a lot of holes, but it wouldn't die so I kept shooting

IMG_2564.jpg

thats funny!!! haha when i went off roading with my uncle he carrys his pistol on his side at all times. but we went for a little hike and had his gun and told me it was for snakes... snakes my ass!!! ive never seen so many holes in that downed tree. haha he had a rifle of some sort that he could rapid fire. it was cool. sounded like some big gun, but it was just my uncle being his self.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No permits of any kind are required in Vermont. The only places I can't carry are the Post Office and other government buildings.

Since my wife and I travel frequently out of state, we both have Utah CCW permits. We also have NH CCW permits. Due to the prohibitive cost ($100/year for non-residents) we will not be getting Massachusetts permits (where I work).

As per where do I carry when driving - on my hip or ankle holster.

Marc