2008 six speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jimz

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, to top this off. It was a fuel filter problem. Not sure why it was so hard to determine but a new fuel filter has solved transmission shifting and motor running.

My first stop was a local shop that sold me a new battery to fix the problem. It did not.

My second stop was a local transmission shop that wanted to sell a complete transmission rebuild for $2800. I refused to do that.

My third stop was a Ford dealership. They did not find anything wrong but serviced the transmission anyway since they had the pan off. That did not fix anything.

Last stop was another transmission shop that I had used but was further from home than the other one. They found the clogged fuel filter, changed it. Now transmission has no lag going into gear and motor accelerates smooth and steady.

All is all this has been a real experience. I did get a transmission service and a new fuel filter out of the deal and total costs was way under the $2800 the first place told me. Now to get the camper cleaned and ready to drag around. Thanks for the input everyone.