2016 / 2017 Sync 3.4 Success?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
As noted this results in a clean setup. Favorite destinations and all that disappear. Working on restoring them today.

Screen logo after the second USB device showed the Lincoln logo. That disappeared when the 3d was used to bump up to the 19274 version.

Still looking at it...

-- Chuck

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As noted this results in a clean setup. Favorite destinations and all that disappear. Working on restoring them today.

Screen logo after the second USB device showed the Lincoln logo. That disappeared when the 3d was used to bump up to the 19274 version.

Still looking at it...

-- Chuck

The Lincoln logo threw me off. Def created a "what have I done" moment. But it's all good once you complete the whole process.

Overall not a lot of changes outside of the updated maps, i think it looks better and the menus are a little different. I find the responsiveness hit and miss, some days its super responsive, way better than 3.0, like I can tap dance between menus like I'm playing on my phone; and sometimes I have to hit a button 2-3 times to get something to go. Overall, I'm still happy with the upgrade.

Interested, to see how you feel after a little while with it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Lincoln Logo only happens for one boot cycle of Sync. It has to do with the default Sync setting. After that it uses the coding in the APIM.

No need to do the Factory Reset Step, just reboot 2 times by using Power Button and Next Track at the same time. That will retain some of your settings and not wipe to Zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys, Fma965 from CyanLabs here just wanted to say thanks for all the positive feedback regarding my guide :)

Dude, Like I have said before, EXCELLENT WORK!

I did my first 2 compiling the files myself. Your instructions and AIO have made it MUCH easier.

Keep it up. Need anybody to test or anything, drop me a line!

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Too late I guess. :( My 3.4 system is pretty much a blank slate.

New navigation screen, the one I use all the time, has text occupying the top 1/3 of the screen providing very little look ahead mapping but lots to each side. Don't fully recall how much was used in 3.0 but not this much. Screen seems a lot whiter than before -- not had it in the dark yet.

I used to be able to tap something on the navigation screen and I'd get the "where ya wanna go" screen with Home and Work prominently displayed. Now I gotta search for either of them.

No extended routing comparison to the Garmin yet.

Gotta look at the HVAC and other settings...

-- Chuck

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a document somewhere that lists all of the enhancements from 3.0 to 3.4? I would like the maps, because we have lots of roads here in Houston that aren't included on my current version. But not sure that's enough to do this upgrade without some features I'll use more frequently.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lots of discussion on one of the F150 forums but I couldn't find a list. This upgrade has apparently been available since October. F150 also got 3.3 which I've never heard of.

Several notes (including here) indicate once upgraded to 3.4 you can't go back to 3.0. So there I am. :)

I never did a "reset." Wonder if it will restore my Favorites?

-- Chuck

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can go back to 3.0 from 3.4, as long as you don’t do 19274. But I HIGHLY recommend going to 19274.

You have to be able to use the Format Tool, and 19274 removes that.

3.3 was available on some late 18 and 19 vehicles. It can goto to 3.4 without the format Tool.

Us 16/17 Sync 3 systems will NEVER see ford officially release 3.4 for us. This is going to be the only way.

I have been running 3.4 since Early October on my Edge. When the files had to be compiled manually, and all the right files hadn’t quite been put together.

That was all solved by CyanLabs and his compiled files/instructions.