2018 Navigator getting 6th set of Cam Phasers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They can get the computer the next day.

So far they have 5X cam phasers at $3,000 = $15,000
Engine at probably $15K+
a million other sensors, IWE's both sides, computer.....

Total, ALOT lol

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really hate to post this.
I’m in the middle of a trip too Colorado.
Went out to start the car and go to the store….and it’s back.
34,000 miles after my cam phasers were replaced. The deadly rattle, loud and clear, … gone in three seconds, but I feel like complete **** now.
Thanks Ford.

Mac Attack

Reaction score
I was at my Lincoln dealer yesterday asking how many they've done, and they said a bunch of 2018s and just a few 2019s.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
whats a realistic estimate of how much in real $ FOMOCO has paid for warranty repairs on these cam phaser repairs, in any 3.5 gen2 vehicles, in NA?

it's got to be a ridiculous #.

there must be a reason for this happening to so many vehicles, not just the "bad phaser design" that's been solely blamed & probably bears only a portion of the responsibility here.

i'm not buying their BS.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really hate to post this.
I’m in the middle of a trip too Colorado.
Went out to start the car and go to the store….and it’s back.
34,000 miles after my cam phasers were replaced. The deadly rattle, loud and clear, … gone in three seconds, but I feel like complete **** now.
Thanks Ford.
This was posted on another thread in this forum. Might be worth a try....

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Y’all should find this interesting. I just called my Lincoln dealer to inquire about a wheel bearing they ordered for a warranty replacement and also to find out what they need to do to diagnose my cam phaser issue that recently went from intermittent to daily. He said that he would order the parts now and do the repair at the same visit for the wheel bearing. No official diagnosis needed, he literally took my word for it. I don’t know if this is because I’m in a Lincoln and they will handle this differently or if they heard it when it was in last and didn’t say anything… I don’t know. But I do find it interesting that they’re willing to order the parts and initiate the repair from just a phone call from me.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Y’all should find this interesting. I just called my Lincoln dealer to inquire about a wheel bearing they ordered for a warranty replacement and also to find out what they need to do to diagnose my cam phaser issue that recently went from intermittent to daily. He said that he would order the parts now and do the repair at the same visit for the wheel bearing. No official diagnosis needed, he literally took my word for it. I don’t know if this is because I’m in a Lincoln and they will handle this differently or if they heard it when it was in last and didn’t say anything… I don’t know. But I do find it interesting that they’re willing to order the parts and initiate the repair from just a phone call from me.
This tells me that FORD has given dealers the greenlight to diagnose this sight unseen at this point, and are trying to keep this problem as squashed as possible. Something tells me they know something that we don’t know. Probably right about the Lincoln effect as well

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score

They'll still need to hear it themselves for Ford to cover it.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seriously, at 5-7k per visit, enough to essentially pay for a new vehicle. Why I don't understand about this diagnosis, is that with the amount of diagnostics and logging on these, how has a this not been detected so far, if in fact this is the issue?

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SO they obviously have new long block in it, they just swapped the PCM and had a Ford field service rep on site working on it to diagnose it. They STILL can't get it to stop cam phaser rattling. WTF?
They've swapped the wiring harnesses, swapped every sensor under the sun and NOW they THINK it might be a "timing" issue. So how does a new engine and new computer have a timing issue....?