2018 Navigator getting 6th set of Cam Phasers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll ask them next week. Remember this is the HO from the Lincoln tho, so its quite different than the Expedition 3.5L.

yessir, understood about the HO - but i’m curious if the region / port in question is common to both, as i believe the overall design shares “most” parts -

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang that sucks. I hope they make it right. We had a similar situation with a Lincoln LS sedan. It kept getting valve train noise and would go into limp mode. They finally tore the heads off as a final “fix” and found more internal damage. Put it back together and it still wouldn’t run right. They ended up buying it back an we got our first Aviator. It was one of the best cars we ever owned. It ended good for us, but you can’t put a price on frustration and time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang that sucks. I hope they make it right. We had a similar situation with a Lincoln LS sedan. It kept getting valve train noise and would go into limp mode. They finally tore the heads off as a final “fix” and found more internal damage. Put it back together and it still wouldn’t run right. They ended up buying it back an we got our first Aviator. It was one of the best cars we ever owned. It ended good for us, but you can’t put a price on frustration and time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly my buddy is the salesman, and he takes it in for me, so I really do nothing but drop it as his house which is a block from my business. So, he runs it in and I just wait for a phone call as to what's up with it. :). Its annoying being down, but we kept my wifes old Hyundai sedan and that thing won't die. She loves it, its got 200,000 miles on it, and I've never done anything to it except tires, brakes, struts, oil. That $23K car makes this $105K Lincoln look worse than a piece of $hit to put it nicely.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly my buddy is the salesman, and he takes it in for me, so I really do nothing but drop it as his house which is a block from my business. So, he runs it in and I just wait for a phone call as to what's up with it. :). Its annoying being down, but we kept my wifes old Hyundai sedan and that thing won't die. She loves it, its got 200,000 miles on it, and I've never done anything to it except tires, brakes, struts, oil. That $23K car makes this $105K Lincoln look worse than a piece of $hit to put it nicely.

Makes me wonder how bad things are going to be with these new Ford's. Given part shortages, labor issues, people not really wanting to work, what kind of s$it corners are being cut. Sad to say, Ford needs major class action and some new leadership to get back to some level quality. I now have a nasty noise anytime I turn my stearing wheel while sitting stationary. Here we go again, every 2-3 months in the shop.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My concern is they think the computer on the Navigator might be the problem. How the hell are they going to find me a computer when they don't have ANY?
I hear ya… at this point I’d be requesting the computer from one on their lot.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hear ya… at this point I’d be requesting the computer from one on their lot.

yes - along with the rest of the vehicle attached to it (but only if it was white, cuz it just has to match the expy & the garage itself)

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So they ordered and are installing tomorrow a brand new computer. They assume the computer was bad from day one and was sending improper cam timing signals to the phasers and such...... We shall see....

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So they ordered and are installing tomorrow a brand new computer. They assume the computer was bad from day one and was sending improper cam timing signals to the phasers and such...... We shall see....
They can get a computer????

What about the "microchip shortage"?????

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Talk about a wild goose chase if this is, in fact, the culprit. How much $$$ have they dumped into this thing at this point?