2021 Tahoe/Suburban beats Expedition in cargo space

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pop302

Reaction score
Tahoe 210.7 length 122.9 cargo volume
Expedition 210 length 104.6 volume

Suburban 225.7 length 144.7 volume
Expedition max 221.9 length 121.5 volume

both cars have great utility, but debating which car is crap would turn into a yellow snowball fight

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same

Same with Ford, I have so many issues with my 2018 Expedition I think the dealer has seen it more than I have.
Lol, yup, my 2018 Expy has been at the dealer three times in the last couple months. Park break malfunction, rear hatch electronics, and now new sunroof rails (cause they are rattling). come next winter i'll be back for the power running boards, which basically stop working in -15 C and down.
The struggle is convincing the dealership i need more than a little car for a loaner. there is a reason i have a large vehicle. family, hockey, etc.

JennyD

Reaction score
...come next winter i'll be back for the power running boards, which basically stop working in -15 C and down...

Yikes! This sucks! It's actually one of the big reasons I chose XLT over LTD/Plat; I was afraid the power running boards would fail and we *need* them. I'd be super irritated.

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yikes! This sucks! It's actually one of the big reasons I chose XLT over LTD/Plat; I was afraid the power running boards would fail and we *need* them. I'd be super irritated.

My sierra denali has power RBs.....hate them. I keep em disabled. They stick wayyyy the f out when deployed. Hit my shins.

mikeinaz

Reaction score
I had a brand new 17 Tahoe, was in the dealer 29 times. Mostly for the same issue, a rattling passenger seat. Over a year and a half they threw every part at that vehicle, brought engineers in from MI and would do anything BUT replace my seat. New airbags, seat frame, air conditioner blowers, floor insulation and even new door hinges, what a genius engineer they brought out for that one.

Leather started rippling due to having been taken apart so many times, vehicle would be given back to me w/ empty gas tank and over 300 miles were put on it by the dealer, driving it to see if it was solved and it still rattled. I opened a case w/ corporate GM, I had to constantly call them, they were idiots and there was so much red tape to jump through. I couldn't take it anymore and about that time they told me the sound was 'normal' and they were closing my case, I sued them under the lemon law and won.

There is so much more I went through w/ them but their stupidity and lack of taking care of the customer was off the charts. I will never buy another GM product.

I bought a 18 Platinum Expi, been VERY happy w/it and in every way it feels and drives better than the Chevy. Unfortunately Ford is replacing my transmission now, w/11k miles on it. Clunks while downshifting to 3rd and a rebuild did not fix it. It stinks but much better service and effort to try to make it right than GM.

My brother is a police. officer and they have both Tahoes and Expi's and he said guys get to work early just to get the Expi so they dont have to drive the Tahoe LOL. He said he wont even try to chase someone in the Tahoe, that was classic.