2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bman25

Reaction score
Mine got bumped again to March 14th. I had a supervisor from Ford call me. She told me they were given authorization to give me information now when I call the Marketing number. She told me my Schedule Build date is March 17th. But, I am sure they will change. Can't do anything but wait at this point.
@Cadet7263 I now have a window sticker on the Ford Vehicle Tracking!! Check it out and see if you are loaded too.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered Nov 1st, 304a, stone blue, eLSD, Sync4a, and rear bench, finally in production now too.

OP
OP
C

carnevallemarcelo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It has been reported a couple times on here now that there is an order guide floating around that now states Multi-Contour seats are limited availability. Ford has now added an option for ordering with the feature removed. Personally have no idea how this will effect already placed orders. Also reported in the news that plant is down at least next week due to parts shortages.
I got the constrain reason is Sandstone rear bench. Ford is not taking orders anymore for this configuration for the limited and Platinum aparently.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
@Cadet7263 I now have a window sticker on the Ford Vehicle Tracking!! Check it out and see if you are loaded too.
I still have nothing. But to update, mine has been bumped to week of March 21st now. So, I don't have much hope. Just read an article that was done a few days ago saying they are shutting production down at the Kentucky Truck plant for a while because of chip shortage. Not saying the article is correct, but it wouldn't surprise me. I fully expect to get an email this week sometime delaying it another week or two.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Window sticker is posted. Two quick questions:

1) Production date wasn’t until March 14 but it now shows “in production.” Does that mean they began building it today?

2) It is a Limited but no where on the Window Sticker does it indicate automatic running boards. Does a Limited come from the factory with automatic running boards?

Thanks!!!!

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Ford Tracking system won’t even work for me now. It used to let me “log in” and view my order. Now it reverted back to saying the the tracking app is unable to process my request because I provided an invalid VIN/order number. This is my first time ordering from ford and I’m honestly pretty disappointed

brettmag

Reaction score
Window sticker is posted. Two quick questions:

1) Production date wasn’t until March 14 but it now shows “in production.” Does that mean they began building it today?

2) It is a Limited but no where on the Window Sticker does it indicate automatic running boards. Does a Limited come from the factory with automatic running boards?

Thanks!!!!
Standard Limited trim doesn't come with them in 2022. You need to add the 302A High Package. That's what I did. Plus, you get the nice 22" wheels from the Platinum.

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Ford Tracking system won’t even work for me now. It used to let me “log in” and view my order. Now it reverted back to saying the the tracking app is unable to process my request because I provided an invalid VIN/order number. This is my first time ordering from ford and I’m honestly pretty disappointed
It’s been doing that intermittently the last few days. Don’t lose hope, your vehicle will reappear later today or tomorrow. Probably just a computer glitch.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just an FYI, it is my understanding, from speaking with a friend in Dearborn, that there is little to no Expedition or Super Duty production scheduled for this week. As explained to me this weekend, this is due to the chip shortage issues plaguing the industry as a whole.
Still no VIN assigned to my Jan 2022 order, as of right now, yet, I'm a patient man, as long as mine is built well, and as ordered, I'll be happy.

Bill

Bman25

Reaction score
This was posted in the F-150 Forum:
Guidance on how to read the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website

• Once the order is submitted to Ford the Order Confirmed status will be circled, checked and the order date will be listed above.
  • Once your order is scheduled to production week or day (don’t remember) the Scheduled for production status is circled.
  • Approximately a week before your truck is scheduled to start production (bucked date) the View Window Sticker link will populate a Window sticker… At the top of the Window sticker will have a blend date 2yyyymmdd which is the day the parts will be loaded on to the production line (Bucked) but not change to the status will be reported, unless this is when the Circle was placed around the Scheduled for Production status.
  • It normally takes a couple days after the truck was bucked prior to a change in the status which refers to the day you truck completed the standard production line. The date under Scheduled for Production will reflect the day your truck came off the line. It is also typical for a estimate delivery date to be populated. In addition the check mark will be applied if you truck does not have a spray in bedliner or other accessory (Tonneau Cover, etc) that need to be installed.
  • If you have a spray in bedliner or other accessory the check mark will not be applied until these items are completed. At this time the truck is ready to ship and the Built Status will be circled but no date or check mark will be applied.
  • Once the truck is loaded on a rail car or convoy the Built status will be checked, the Shipped status will be circled and a Estimated number of shipping days and a estimated delivery date will be populated.
  • Once the truck is delivered to the dealer the Delivery Status and shipped status will be checked and the delivery date will be populated.
Hopefully the above description will help you better understand how to read this tracker