2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kzei

Reaction score
When did you receive notification of your production and VIN? and did you receive the info from Ford or from dealer?
I ordered on 10.28 and got my vin and scheduled for production email on 2.3.22. Email came from ford motor co

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See now you got me all excited!!!
I ordered on 1/3 and received the original scheduled build week and VIN email on 2/3. The original production was supposed to be the week of 3/7 but now it’s a set for the day of 4/28. All notified via Ford

Cadet7263

Reaction score
I ordered mine 1/8 and it went into production yesterday which is a week earlier than was my last email. Fingers crossed they are ramped up and going to start production and not going to send it to the yard to wait
Well, if they are doing it the same way they have been for the last 4 weeks, they will produce your vehicle completely and ship it out, while there are some of us that have been sitting offsite for 4 weeks or more now. I do hope they get yours completed and shipped right out. I don't want to see anyone else have to get frustrated like I have been watching all these expeditions produced after mine and get completed and shipped out.

CousinEddieTX

Reaction score
When did you receive notification of your production and VIN? and did you receive the info from Ford or from dealer?
I got my VIN about a month after I ordered via [email protected]. In February I got an email 3 weeks in a row that said my production was pushed back. Finally out of the blue my dealer texted me and said it was in production.

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine isn’t there either…supposed to have 4.25 production. On another note, I used to be able to check the tracker and my order number and vin would automatically populate. This doesn’t happen anymore. Where can I track down my order number?

Sometimes when you click on the link in the email, the order number and VIN fail to appear.

I find refreshing the window usually brings them back. Easier than going back to the email link and launching another browser window.

Last edited:

CousinEddieTX

Reaction score
Well, if they are doing it the same way they have been for the last 4 weeks, they will produce your vehicle completely and ship it out, while there are some of us that have been sitting offsite for 4 weeks or more now. I do hope they get yours completed and shipped right out. I don't want to see anyone else have to get frustrated like I have been watching all these expeditions produced after mine and get completed and shipped out.
That is absolutely brutal. I hope you get your vehicle soon.

kzei

Reaction score
Sometimes when you click on the link in the email, the order number and VIN fail to appear.

I find refreshing the window usually brings them back. Easier than going back to the email link and launching another browser window.
That did the trick, thank you…she said as she hung her head in embarrassment for not thinking of that :)
Order still only showing confirmed

krlecraft74

Reaction score
Is yours “In Production” or “Shipped”? Mine was sent offsite also for a hold but now shows as built and shipped.
It’s actually been built, since the week of 3/18 but it still says in production on the app, and the dealer & marketing said on a chip hold, so why give me the delivery date of 4/10, I was also told by (new vehicle support) to ask the dealer to call ford resources and have them update the delivery date, # for new vehicle support,(800)334-4375 given to me by marketing,

Cadet7263

Reaction score
It’s actually been built, since the week of 3/18 but it still says in production on the app, and the dealer & marketing said on a chip hold, so why give me the delivery date of 4/10, I was also told by (new vehicle support) to ask the dealer to call ford resources and have them update the delivery date, # for new vehicle support,(800)334-4375 given to me by marketing,
Was the New Vehicle Support any more helpful then marketing? I still can’t believe ours are sitting offsite when more and more dealer orders are showing up at dealerships.

OP
OP
C

carnevallemarcelo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Have you called the vehicle support?

I am very interested how they will address the communication issues. All Oems are going to huge challenges due to the chips and supply chain, although I am seeing other OEMs doing a better job communicating - Mazda is one of them, by our own experience.

I know suppliers are required to inform Ford details about the availability, including VMI (Vendor manage inventory) systems. I am sure they have all the data, they need to inform their final customers accordingly.

I hope Ford improves this last but not less important step, the product is already the best - Expedition is getting a well deserved best of the class in KBB, Motortrend, etc.

I own a 2009 Mustang GT and a 2019 Explorer and Expedition Platinum. I am trading the expedition to a 2022 Platinum so needless to say I really enjoy and trust Ford products.
I ordered mine in October 15th and scheduled build date so far is May 09th, already changed 5 times....