2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

momof3girls

Reaction score
I would bet that's delivery. I called this morning, and my ETA for delivery is still last week of April. Also on "microchip hold".
No, that was the ETA of the chips to be available. They didn’t give me an ETA on delivery!

Cadet7263

Reaction score
No, that was the ETA of the chips to be available. They didn’t give me an ETA on delivery!
They don’t know anything I’m convinced. They are still telling me delivery of 4/29, but mine is still offsite. Then other people are getting theirs shipped. Then someone who says they work the line at KTP says they are not short chips, but short wiper motors. I pretty much believe nothing at this point. They have no rhym or reason for what’s getting built and shipped. It’s all a guessing game that none of us can figure out.

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well my delivery window has passed and the truck is still in Louisville. Is it really finished and I’m waiting on transport? Or am I really parked on a parts hold? I don’t know. And my dealer doesn’t know either.

Mxer0022

Reaction score
Those of you guys with trucks sitting off site waiting on parts I feel for ya and regret to inform you that you may need to be prepared to watch others whose trucks were built after yours get delivered before yours. I was in your position last year with my superduty. Truck sat offsite until they were done with the 21 production run and when they were transitioning to 22s is when my truck was finally built and shipped.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Those of you guys with trucks sitting off site waiting on parts I feel for ya and regret to inform you that you may need to be prepared to watch others whose trucks were built after yours get delivered before yours. I was in your position last year with my superduty. Truck sat offsite until they were done with the 21 production run and when they were transitioning to 22s is when my truck was finally built and shipped.
I fully expect this to take months at this point. When they get full parts in, I’m sure they will put all that on the line and the ones being produced will be 100% whole, and eventually they will get to the thousands they have sitting off site. I love when ford themselves tell you there are no holds on your vehicle and they have all parts, and then they love it offsite for 19 days now on a parts hold.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Well my delivery window has passed and the truck is still in Louisville. Is it really finished and I’m waiting on transport? Or am I really parked on a parts hold? I don’t know. And my dealer doesn’t know either.
So, yours is listed as built now? Not as still in Production? If that is true, then the whole "Chip" shortage doesn't seem like much of an excuse for yours to still be sitting there.

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, yours is listed as built now? Not as still in Production? If that is true, then the whole "Chip" shortage doesn't seem like much of an excuse for yours to still be sitting there.
Yep, I've been "built" since March 31.

I spoke to my salesman yesterday and he said all that he can tell is I was released from the factory. He cautioned I may still be waiting on a part. Not great. My current lease is up in 3 days.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Yep, I've been "built" since March 31.

I spoke to my salesman yesterday and he said all that he can tell is I was released from the factory. He cautioned I may still be waiting on a part. Not great. My current lease is up in 3 days.
Its a complete joke that Ford is not transparent with their customers. What they don't realize, if they would just be completely up front with us, they would get less phone calls, and we all could plan accordingly.

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its a complete joke that Ford is not transparent with their customers. What they don't realize, if they would just be completely up front with us, they would get less phone calls, and we all could plan accordingly.
Xraytek 22 pinged Cyberdman at Blue Oval. The two of us are both waiting on Navigators built nearly the same time and in the same status.

Cyberdman's info says

Awaiting Shipment - Delay - Convoy Carrier Kentucky Truck, KY Apr-11-2022, 00:00 UTC

So maybe I am built but the shipping is the issue.