2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treill2

Reaction score
What is now, if it ever gets delivered, is a ten month odyssey I am thinking that it is time to move away from Ford. I don’t know how we can reward an organization that has treated us so badly. I know people will say that it is commodity restraints but that is no excuse for a lack of communication with customers. They have been dragging this process out and not communicating so that people don’t cancel their orders. In the meantime, interest rates are increasing, trade in values are depreciating, Ford has raised the price of the truck while removing options and offering minimal accommodations. Ford has turned a blind eye to price gouging and through their production process and lack of dealership intervention have supported it. The people of authority at Ford are impossible to reach. I got a call back from a supervisor two months ago and apparently you are only aloud one call from a supervisor. It is hard to defend Ford’s lack of transparency and the financial harm they are causing.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Me being overseas, I wasn't able to order the truck when order banks opened. Honestly, I'm glad I wasn't able to. Reading all of your horror stories, I'm so sorry for everyone here who put their trust in ford, with them knowing the circumstances and challenges their competitors jumped through, only to allow the same thing to happen to their product after having 6 months lead time. My dad orderd an escalade, and got it delievered in 4 months. I would be going crazy if i was yall, hell, me waiting 2 extra mnths after my promised del date for my 18 was maddening back then. Not only that, they have the gall to increase the price of a "refreshed" product after already raising the price, then continue to do harm by taking away the most desirable features that actually sets it apart from its competitors. Then, after all that, park your built products in a parking lot for months with no communication but excuses to you all. I'm coming back to the states in a few months, and the plan was to get an early 23my truck, but that's changed. I will wait until the next remodel, and ford/dealers don't have the leverage to strong arm us faithful. It's ok, I can wait. Until then, I will be getting my wife's dream car when I get back to the states.

DFWHD

Reaction score
I ordered back in March, however found a comparable one in late April at a dealer near my house and picked it up. I've called the dealer to cancel multiple times and left the Sales manager voice messages, but never got a call to confirm it's cancelled. Have also stopped by the dealer a few times and the guy is never available, leaving a note for him each time. Now I get my email from Ford noting a July 25 build schedule. I put no money down and signed nothing, so guessing they will just sell it when it eventually gets there, but it amazes me that the dealer, who I've bought multiple cars from over the years has just ignored me.

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered back in March, however found a comparable one in late April at a dealer near my house and picked it up. I've called the dealer to cancel multiple times and left the Sales manager voice messages, but never got a call to confirm it's cancelled. Have also stopped by the dealer a few times and the guy is never available, leaving a note for him each time. Now I get my email from Ford noting a July 25 build schedule. I put no money down and signed nothing, so guessing they will just sell it when it eventually gets there, but it amazes me that the dealer, who I've bought multiple cars from over the years has just ignored me.
The dealer doesn’t want to cancel the order bc they are all desperate for dealer stock units. If you didn’t put money down and didn’t sign anything your order wasn’t officially a retail customer order, it was a dealer stock unit anyway.

Chi6488

Reaction score
It is terrible what Ford is doing. My buddy ordered a bmw x7 and the journey took him 2 months. I know bmw doesnt sell as many cars as ford but still..........................

I ordered 3/31 and not one word from Ford. Great customer service

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those complaining on the wait time, it really all depends on what you order, and the options package you order. Commodity issues are across the automotive manufacturer spectrum. Heck, all across all spectrums right now, just pick up a newspaper.

As for my XLT, 4x4, Special Edition package, 2nd row bench seat, HD towing package order (see other thread), it has gone so far as follows:
Ordered 1/24/2022
Email received today, truck has been built.
No commodity holds associated with the VIN/build as far as I can see
Being shipped by rail
Estimated delivery to dealer 6/20/2022

Bill

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is terrible what Ford is doing. My buddy ordered a bmw x7 and the journey took him 2 months. I know bmw doesnt sell as many cars as ford but still..........................

I ordered 3/31 and not one word from Ford. Great customer service
May be true, but BMW dropped wireless charging, took away the touch screen, no backing assist, and the last I checked the upgraded HK sound system was unavailable.

spartanfan15

Reaction score
Does anyone have the website of the freight shipping info that you can enter your vin and it populates the shipment tracking?

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone have the website of the freight shipping info that you can enter your vin and it populates the shipment tracking?
Supposedly the only app that you could follow the tracking progress of you vehicle by convoy, was Palsapp but they’ve since locked the site down so us customers can’t use it to track our orders. If you’re wanting to track the shipment progress on your order if it was shipped by rail, you’ll first need to get ahold of the rail car number that your car is being carried on. With that, you can call CSX and go through the prompts to get to the rail car info section. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t