4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 2018 Expedition Limited MAX this morning and by noon, I was already playing around with FORScan. Here is what I have found works so far.

Everything listed below has been confirmed working. If you find something you think is of interest that you have confirmed working, please feel free to add it here so we can build a google doc of all the available modifications.

Here is what I've come up with so far:

Code:
BdyCM    726-41-02    xxx0 xxxx xxxx    Disable No Key Present Double Honk

BdyCM    726-27-01    xxxx xxx0 xxxx    Enable Fogs On w/ LED headlamps

BdyCM    726-48-02    x0xx xxxx xxxx    Disable Auto Start Stop

APIM     7D0-01-01    xxxx xxxx xExx    Enable On-Screen H/C Seat Buttons

APIM     7D0-01-01    9xxx xxxx xxxx    Disable Sirius As Audio Source

APIM     7D0-02-01    5753 xxxx xxxx    Data Entry While Vehicle Moving

At this time, whenever I try to write anything to the IPC or DDM/PDM, I receive a "Service procedure has been interrupted." error so I will be sending log files to the FORScan people to see if they can resolve the issue.

@rcompart...did you change 4 bits for the Navigation in Motion line on the APIM (7D0-02-01)...or did you change the line to the following:

7D0-02-01 x7xx xxxx xxxx

Any other 2018 FORScan changes you've uncovered? It looks like the 2018 Expy is almost line-for-line the same as the 2015-2018 F150 codes...is this what you are finding?

Thanks.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6 or a 7 in the ? bit allows 3 flashes...see below for the entire code:

Turn Signals - Lane Change Flashes SCCM 724-01-01 xxxx x?xx xx

Change ? to: 0-3 1 Flash, 4-5 2 Flashes, 6-7 3 Flashes, 8-9 4 Flashes, A-B 5 Flashes, C-D 6 Flashes, E-F 7 Flashes
Yes, that part is obvious. However if you read through the forscan thread, you will find the difference between the two values is how the turn signal turns itself off after a turn. one value will continue to blink until cancelled with the stick. And from the user who reported that, and the spreadsheet values, generally that is controlled bu the 1 bit. In their case (F150) the 1 bit had to be off. In my case, that one bit is ON. hence difference.
So i chose just to increment the value without changing the 1 bit.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, that part is obvious. However if you read through the forscan thread, you will find the difference between the two values is how the turn signal turns itself off after a turn. one value will continue to blink until cancelled with the stick. And from the user who reported that, and the spreadsheet values, generally that is controlled bu the 1 bit. In their case (F150) the 1 bit had to be off. In my case, that one bit is ON. hence difference.
So i chose just to increment the value without changing the 1 bit.

I'm not sure I follow...which 1 bit are you referring to?

Last edited:
OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only changed the 2nd hex value. You lose the speed limit sign but get a circle with a red outline in its place. Still in MPH though so nothing really lost.

The 2017 F150 and the 2918 Expy are pretty similar and what can be changed is much like that in the F150. You are correct about the IPC and DDM/PDM in that they are something different and cannot be modified at this time. I got a beta back in December but it still didn’t rectify the issues with the modules I was unable to write to.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You lose the speed limit sign but get a circle with a red outline in its place. Still in MPH though so nothing really lost.
If that's the case I bet it's doing more than allowing navigation entry while driving… sounds like you're setting it a European locale, as that's what speed limit signs look like over there.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow...which 1 bit are you referring to?
the single hex digit is 4 binary bits.
xxxx

the "1" bit is simply the right most bit, followed by the 2 4 and 8 bits. all bits on = 15 (F), all bits off = 0 (0)

my initial value was 7 (0111), and i went to 9 (1001), leaving the last bit in the on position.

Edited: 7 to 9 (not 5 to 7 oops)

Last edited:
OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xxxx

the "1" bit is simply the right most bit, followed by the 2 4 and 8 bits. all bits on = 15 (F), all bits off = 0 (0)

my initial value was 5 (0101), and i went to 7 (0111), leaving the last bit in the on position.

Yup, and there are 10 kinds of people. LOL

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
xxxx

my initial value was 7 (0111), and i went to 9 (1001), leaving the last bit in the on position.

Edited: 7 to 9 (not 5 to 7 oops)

Great explanation. But what was the comment about the two different effects of ‘6 or 7’ for the value you had? I haven’t heard the different setting may prevent the turn signal from turning off...can you elaborate what you mean? Thanks