4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
got it! my explorer does that but it honks the horn twice when you get out of range. super annoying!!!!

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think it prevents you from putting it in gear. The honking has been a big complaint among 2015+ owners for some time on here, the same people who have also wanted Secure Idle.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
The double honk is easy to disable, thankfully. But Secure Idle is a tougher egg to crack. I'm not giving up yet, tho.

Dennis48755

Reaction score
I don't think it prevents you from putting it in gear.
I can state for a fact that I cannot put my 2018 Expedition in gear after it is started and the key is taken out of range. I tested it last night.

I for one am thankful for the double honk, at least for now, as this is my first push button start vehicle. After decades of being forced to turn the vehicle off in order to remove the key with my house key on the same key ring. Now with the keys always in my pocket or clipped to my belt, I am scared that I will walk away from the vehicle unintentionally forgetting to turn it off.

Dennis

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How can I disable the double-honk when I get out of the car with my fob in my pocket? 2018 Expedition.

Dennis48755

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the rear windows one-touch up and down features? I worry about my dogs in the back.

Dennis

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh sweet!!!! The new one has auto down for the rear!!!! I have always wanted that feature. But I can also see where you wouldn’t want it in certain applications.

On the auto up and down, is it not like the front and built into the button? Press a little/press a lot

Dennis48755

Reaction score
On the auto up and down, is it not like the front and built into the button? Press a little/press a lot
Yes it does, but as I get older and have had problems with carpal tunnel, I have lost some sensitivity in my fingers and have troubles with those switches.

Dennis