4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I PM'd the poster to see if he resolved his issue...I had not heard of that condition before...thanks for mentioning it.
it was talked about somewhere earlier in the thread too, i dont recall exactly where, and it's a lot to search through. He resolved by changing the value between 9 and 8. I guess that "turn signal always on until you turn it off" is a feature somewhere in the world, although i can't imagine why.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iO4Uz1shNRwZv5gi2TKARDo2Y7lfSOMFj6Gott8g7yg/edit?usp=sharing

I've updated this spreadsheet with some 2018 info:

Added PowerPoint Timeout - allows you to control when your 12v Power Point will turn off
Added Stereo Extended Play (Drive-In Movie Mode)
Sync 3 Startup Screen Animations

Added Auto Relock - Got this from the F150 sheet, can anyone try this feature (relocks your doors if you press unlock on your Fob, but don't open any door within 45 seconds)

Added Bluetooth Pairing Name Choices

Let me know if there are any errors or if you can confirm any line(s).

Thanks.

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Now with the keys always in my pocket or clipped to my belt, I am scared that I will walk away from the vehicle unintentionally forgetting to turn it off.

Dennis

I have a Hybrid Honda that does not alert if you exit the vehicle while left on. It is most often in EV mode when I pull into the attached garage and completely silent as I walk away. I could see how the gas engine would come on a few minutes later in the closed garage potentially filing the house with CO. It's so easy for us to be distracted with other things now, while the double honk may annoy some and I agree it's annoying, but probably something the lawyers see as a potential lawsuit if Ford didn't sell the car with it working.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Hybrid Honda that does not alert if you exit the vehicle while left on. It is most often in EV mode when I pull into the attached garage and completely silent as I walk away. I could see how the gas engine would come on a few minutes later in the closed garage potentially filing the house with CO. It's so easy for us to be distracted with other things now, while the double honk may annoy some and I agree it's annoying, but probably something the lawyers see as a potential lawsuit if Ford didn't sell the car with it working.

BMWs don't do this, in fact I can even lock the car from the outside with key in pocket and leave running GREAT feature for running in to store on freezing cold jersey shore winter day (i know not very GREEN), MB gongs incessantly inside the car if the key is removed and car left running unless the car door is open then OK, only way wife and kids can still watch movies when I go to store with them and forget to leave her key in car.

Different lawyers I guess. :)

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just purchased cabling and downloaded software for FORscan for my 2018 Expy. Is there a way to default auto start/stop to off with the ability to turn on from the dash board button. So when you turn it on the auto start/stop is lit “OFF” as the default and it I choose to enable it I can simply hit the button to turn it on. Next ignition cycle it defaults back to “OFF”. There are times when it would come in handy but where I live I really don’t need that as a constant on.

Last edited:

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just purchased cabling and downloaded software for FORscan. Is there a way to default auto start/stop to off with the ability to turn on from the dash board button. So when you turn it on the auto start/stop is lit “OFF” as the default and it I choose to enable it I can simply hit the button to turn it on. Next ignition cycle it defaults back to “OFF”. There are times when it would come in handy but where I live I really don’t need that as a constant on.

I had the same question when i started looking into it. The only way to do what you want is to hard wire a switch into the back of the auto stop switch (other forums cover how to short the switch with a little wire.. basically you install a second switch on that wire, which allows you to turn on and off your always off switch. (hope that made sense)

with Forscan, your only option is basically nuke the feature all together. As was explained to me, the value you are toggling is one of many checks that the auto start stop looks at. as the check fails, the engine doesn't stop.

I to would like the option to selectively enable the auto stop (like sitting in drive through lines, etc..), but given the choices, i choose to idle.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same question when i started looking into it. The only way to do what you want is to hard wire a switch into the back of the auto stop switch (other forums cover how to short the switch with a little wire.. basically you install a second switch on that wire, which allows you to turn on and off your always off switch. (hope that made sense)

with Forscan, your only option is basically nuke the feature all together. As was explained to me, the value you are toggling is one of many checks that the auto start stop looks at. as the check fails, the engine doesn't stop.

I to would like the option to selectively enable the auto stop (like sitting in drive through lines, etc..), but given the choices, i choose to idle.
That is too bad. I guess switched off it is. Hopefully someone smarter than me can figure it out. I wonder why Ford didn’t give an option to control that feature a little more. I can set up mood,lights but not control engine functions.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This video of a guy with a Raptor shows how he disabled auto start/stop by removing disconnecting a cable from under the dash. Seems to work and I am going to try it and report any other issues.

What he unhooks maybe just the auto start/stop ignition control wires between the button and the starter module or something to that effect. I’m going to try it and see what I think. If it works it might be a satisfactory work around to easily disable and reenable at will without reprogramming or taking the dash apart.

EDIT- I tried it out and it does effectively disable the auto start/stop function. A side effect is that the blinkers have a more rapid blinking and audible alert, like twice as fast, but the external lights remain at normal speed. No other functions seem to have been affected. Don’t know for sure is Hill Assist or Traction Control is effected. Maybe someone with more expertise can chime in.

I plugged the wires back in and did a full vehicle restart. Normal operation auto start/stop returned. It did take a couple of full stops for it to start working but it worked. I had it unplugged for,about 30 miles then plugged it back in. Unplugged it again for a mile or two and plugged it back in with the resumption of the AS/S. “AS/S”. Hehehehehe

Last edited: