Adaptive cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grumpyoleman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife's Expy is an '18 XLT with Driver's Assist pkg. Prior to this vehicle we had another with adaptive and I didn't think we would like it, but we did. so much so that ACC was on my wife's "gotta have" list.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ACC also adds forward collision braking, a very important safety feature. I would not buy a vehicle without it.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ACC also adds forward collision braking, a very important safety feature. I would not buy a vehicle without it.

Mine is all shut OFF!
If Ford didn't allow me to shut this BS off, I would of bought a Yukon Denali!

Highlightreel

Reaction score
This past weekend I was driving thru heavy rain. Prior to that was using (and loving) the Adaptive Cruise Control. I didn't use the cruise during the rain and after driving thru the storm tried to use the ACC but it said the "sensor blocked" blah blah and wouldn't let me use it. So a quirk of technology. I couldn't use cruise even though I was past the rain.

Was this because a leaf or something physical was actually blocking the sensor or could it have been because I was under heavy cloud coverage and the sensors/satellite/gps or whatever couldn't signal thru the clouds?

It ended up working about 15 minutes later. Either way it was annoying and a first.

Last edited:

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ACC has nothing to do with satellites. The sensors are the technology that detects vehicles in front of you. If they're blocked by debris or too much water, they won't respond properly.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Generally it's a good idea (IMO) that it goes in to park automatically. The only thing is that if you go through a car wash you have to put in the "Stay in Neutral" mode.