Anti-Theft Unexpededly Activated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The possibilities can be just about anything. If there are logic circuits on the SJB then overvoltage or excessive current from a jump start can take ic's out. Not saying it did - just a possibility.
Poor design, poor manufacturing quality control, inferior parts etc.

Did they return the old parts to you?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thank you for the update
Glad its fixed and running
Would agree with what stamp11127 says about causes

OP
OP
tpndrcn

tpndrcn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No I didn't ask for the old parts, and I can agree with what stamp11127 says because with my past experiences as a tech we replaced parts as neede that just went bad, for unforseen circumstances. I found some information on SJB having issues. I am glad to have it back, I love driving it!

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what was interesting was that you were first told it was either the PATS transceiver or the Instrument cluster and when the transceiver was replaced you were then told the SJB needed to be replaced.

I would question if the transceiver was truly bad or if it was the SJB all along.

Some information that I have found is that the SJB is also referred to as the GEM. Found that information in the 2009 workshop manual

OP
OP
tpndrcn

tpndrcn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder about the PATS transceiver actually being bad too, because they said the pinpoint test leads through it and it was saying its bad, however if the sjb was bad and wasn't supplying it , it would fail test in my opinion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition