Anyone Install a Locker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Darwin

Reaction score
sounds like the best option would be to swap in the lsd from the 3.73? is it as simple as that? and all 3.73 have lsd?

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
No it's not as simple as you think, what gear ratio do you have? Remember on my first response I mentioned if you get an LSD make sure it's the same gear ratio as your current one... yea if you change the gear ratio you'll run into to a couple problems... most are small unless you have a 4x4 expedition then you'll have a bigger problem, the front diff will have to match the rear diffs ratio otherwise if you use 4x4 you'll blow something up..... quickly too.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP your expy is 2WD I’m guessing correct? Otherwise I don’t really see the need for the limited slip in your given situation IMHO. The factory torque management/ braking bias works very well with this 4WD system to keep things rolling. That being said the limited slip can come in handy especially on a RWD variant. Also less hassle to swap gear ratios with a RWD. Like Habbibie said you need to make sure everything matches or issues will arise.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darn Habbibie, looks like someone earned themselves a nice 3.73 open diff from the local pick and pull that day.

:insane:

Hope everyone involved was O.K.

Last edited:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
My wife always told me I bring out the "best" in people lol

No hard feelings though, some people just can't handle dark humor

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
H, My wife could have been seriously hurt in that accident, but luckily the Expedition is a safe vehicle and she literally walked away with some bruises and sore muscles. She still doesn’t like driving through that intersection.

So yeah, implying I am not telling the truth by covering up with a story about our 15 being totaled does REALLY piss me off. That isn’t “Dark”, that is just crap. You can edit your reply and try to play it off as humor, but it is crap.

Have a great evening...

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
That was actually good humor, reading back the pages it's funny to read up until I touched a soft part in you that resorted to you responding like a child!

AND

yet still You still cant prove how your 2015 expedition was the unicorn of all expeditions made that year, 99% of people who buy these cars don't even know their paint code let alone how to decode a door sticker to an LSD, all the documanted evedince point against you, nobody told you to emphasize repeatedly about how your truck had an lsd but trying to walk tall like you did, well you should've brought your A game with it too but until then.... your best bet is to ****!

Good day to you too buddy....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett