Black lug nuts that don't suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
So...anyone found black lug nuts that don't suck?
McGard?
I saw Ford has a set, but they're $170 (which is freaking insane) and honestly look like they're capped like our crappy OEMs.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They'll always get chewed up from lug wrenches, so just buy extras and live with it....

OP
OP
E

ExpyNole

Reaction score
I guess I should clarify. I'm also not down with paying $5-6/per lug nut. That's F'ing nuts.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know these cheap little covers aren't idea, but I'm thinking of giving them a try. The pics in the reviews don't look too bad. Rust wouldn't be an issue either.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CHWGSZ...colid=12D506U5UKENY&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1
I believe the issue that occurs with the OEM ‘stainless’ covers is that water (and salt) gets under them, sits, and corrodes the nut. This rust, causing the bulging cover, means it’s very difficult to remove the nut.

As such, covers may just exacerbate the issue?

Arlin

Reaction score
Hey, $170 for 24 Ford lug nuts is a bargain. See my earlier post--you are good if you can get past the local Ford parts window for under $300 plus the onerous sales tax here in Tennessee. Black chrome Gorilla sets all over eBay for $60+/-. Also note that my set of regular chrome Gorilla's had the same wide 60 degree seat as the Ford OEM lug nuts and held the 150 torque on the first go (doesn't always happen with new aftermarket lug nuts). Also the Gorillas are the correct length and have a nice shade of chrome. The Gorilla chrome set on my 2015 Expedition have picked up superficial rust (after 4-5 years) that will no doubt buff right off.

OP
OP
E

ExpyNole

Reaction score
Hey, $170 for 24 Ford lug nuts is a bargain. See my earlier post--you are good if you can get past the local Ford parts window for under $300 plus the onerous sales tax here in Tennessee. Black chrome Gorilla sets all over eBay for $60+/-. Also note that my set of regular chrome Gorilla's had the same wide 60 degree seat as the Ford OEM lug nuts and held the 150 torque on the first go (doesn't always happen with new aftermarket lug nuts). Also the Gorillas are the correct length and have a nice shade of chrome. The Gorilla chrome set on my 2015 Expedition have picked up superficial rust (after 4-5 years) that will no doubt buff right off.

The ford black chrome ones look exactly like OEM, in that they have a 'cap' on them. That's the big concern.