Blend door "clicking" still after changing acturator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walt460

Reaction score
OK, the blend door started "clicking" again after I changed the actuator 2 years ago. So, I bought another new acutator and installed it this morning. But, the "clicking" still occurs! What else causes this noise?

If I put my hand on the new actuator I can feel the vibration when the "clicking" occurs.

Last edited:

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The blend door is hanging up. If you still have the old one take it apart and use the shaft to check if the door is sticking. Mine was and it freed up after a few times doing it manually. also the replacement mite still be good, the one gear pops out of the shaft hole atleast mine was.

OP
OP
W

Walt460

Reaction score
The blend door is hanging up. If you still have the old one take it apart and use the shaft to check if the door is sticking. Mine was and it freed up after a few times doing it manually. also the replacement mite still be good, the one gear pops out of the shaft hole atleast mine was.
OK, I do have the old actuator and I will take out the drive shaft and try using it to move the blend door. Thanks

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your "Premium" has dual zone AC up front right ? Which actuator did you change out ? The top or the bottom one ? Or when you move the temperature selector of each side, which one causes the blend door to click ?

OP
OP
W

Walt460

Reaction score
Your "Premium" has dual zone AC up front right ? Which actuator did you change out ? The top or the bottom one ? Or when you move the temperature selector of each side, which one causes the blend door to click ?
Yes it has dual zone automatic climate. I changed the one behind the radio. That is the one that was making the noise and that is the one that is continuing to make noise.

OP
OP
W

Walt460

Reaction score
What happens if I just unplug the actuator that is behnd the radio? Iknow the blend dooor will stay in whatever place it was last, but will the rest of the automatic clmate system work or will it default to some useless mode?