catch can benefit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here's a link to a discussion about CCans https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/catch-can.42725/
I spent about $50 total for the can, hoses, connectors & misc mounting hardware

here's an article about direct injection https://www.enginebuildermag.com/20...e-direct-injection-issues-facts-fictions-gdi/
The GDI article is great information for people to understand more about some of their issues. My mechanic buddy has been telling me about the GM cars and how they are miss firing and full of carbon in less than 50k miles. Thanks for sharing!

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If one knows how the PCV system works on an engine, then one would know the added benefits of a catch can. Cans have been around since the closed PCV system in the 1960s. Prior to the closed system, oil vapor just drained on the road with a tube. Race cars dump the vapors in the header collectors. My 1984 4 stroke motorcycle has a can designed in the oem intake system with manual drain....The only reason vehicles don't come from the factory with a can is no one would drain it frequently nor dispose of the oil properly.

Last edited:

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I've seen the videos. nobody will tell you how many more miles it has shown in actual real world tests.
i get that it catches oil. I do not dispute that.
what is the actual, measurable benefit to my motor? it's a simple question, that nobody actually answers. makes me skeptical.
actually, by now, I'm convinced it is just ********. I said above that nobody answers the question and that makes me skeptical.

actually, considering the extent of the tap dancing, strawman responses, and personal attacks, not only do I believe it is ********, but these asshats know it is ********. I assume they are paid by catch can vendors.

don't like that? answer the question, admit you don't know, or just shut the **** up.

Two recommendations.
1. Don’t use a catch can. You’ll get your answer.
2. Prozac. Lots.

Tom Tulloch

Reaction score
Glad the conversation is getting mellowed out. My relates back to several posts I've read about the use of catch cans voiding any warranty claims. I have a Ford Extended Warranty on my 2017 Expy and even though I'm considering installing the can, I'm concerned if the dealer finds I'm using one.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad the conversation is getting mellowed out. My relates back to several posts I've read about the use of catch cans voiding any warranty claims. I have a Ford Extended Warranty on my 2017 Expy and even though I'm considering installing the can, I'm concerned if the dealer finds I'm using one.

Why? It would be like using a better air filter like a K&N....you are keeping crap out of the intake system with a can. I suppose if you were to let the can fill and send liquid instead of oil vapor into the intake that would be a problem.

bigdogchrisl

Reaction score
The dealership I go to actually got the information for the place I got mine to recommend to other owners.
They now re-sell them.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

bigdogchrisl

Reaction score
So, in the 1000+ HP ones can be in excess of $1500. Unless you have performance mods, $100 to $150 gets a good dual baffle can on Amazon.
The one for my VW cost $300 from Black Forrest Industries and is awesome.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryin2fickshit