Catch cans anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would someone mind posting a pic of what the inside to the JLT looks like? Under the cap.

Looks like this:

ccecd90c03a9d2aef7582203e22042dc.jpg

Quick Google.

The UPR is a better system, but because of the way these motors are designed, the majority of the crap comes from the passenger side vent. There was A LOT of discussion about it several years ago.

For me the difference wasn’t worth the extra price, but the UPR is a better more complete system than JLT.

The JLT is well built and in my opinion the best bang for the buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Looks like this:

ccecd90c03a9d2aef7582203e22042dc.jpg

Quick Google.

The UPR is a better system, but because of the way these motors are designed, the majority of the crap comes from the passenger side vent. There was A LOT of discussion about it several years ago.

For me the difference wasn’t worth the extra price, but the UPR is a better more complete system than JLT.

The JLT is well built and in my opinion the best bang for the buck.

Thanks. Great pic. Does it matter which side comes from the valve cover? Seems like it would be the screened side.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. Great pic. Does it matter which side comes from the valve cover? Seems like it would be the screened side.

Actually the opposite. Free flow in to can, screen to prevent gunk going to intake. With the kit the hoses are labeled.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually the opposite. Free flow in to can, screen to prevent gunk going to intake. With the kit the hoses are labeled.

Wrong again, check with JLT. The screen is the intake, vapor passes through the honeycomb, condenses and the droplets form and fall out of that into the can. The outlet is also slightly higher to help keep from sending fluid to the engine. The kit fits perfectly and the hoses and fittings are a direct replacement for the OEM tube.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wrong again, check with JLT. The screen is the intake, vapor passes through the honeycomb, condenses and the droplets form and fall out of that into the can. The outlet is also slightly higher to help keep from sending fluid to the engine. The kit fits perfectly and the hoses and fittings are a direct replacement for the OEM tube.

I stand corrected!! You are 100% correct. Wrong again? Where was I wrong in this thread or the other Catch Can thread?

I even took the one off my edge to see for myself.

Others work the other way!

Couldn’t agree more with the fitment! Also no risk of installing it in the wrong direction because of the way it is setup.

Last edited:

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I stand corrected!! You are 100% correct. Wrong again? Where was I wrong in this thread or the other Catch Can thread?

I even took the one off my edge to see for myself.

Others work the other way!

Couldn’t agree more with the fitment! Also no risk of installing it in the wrong direction because of the way it is setup.

Sorry poor choice of words using "again", only wanted to do a friendly correction on the screen.

OP
OP
M

mrmachinist

Reaction score
I received my package from UPR this afternoon with a longer hose and straight fittings and the correct CSS. Went on in about 5 minutes and the engine cover fits perfectly.

Big props to UPR customer service for fixing my mistake without any hassles or cost. You don’t see companies do that very much anymore. Way exceeded my expectations.

Dropping the incorrect parts in the mail tomorrow.

I guess at the first oil change I will see how well it performs.

The car has right at 1,000 miles currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millerwelds1

Reaction score
I installed my catch can a month ago and was just checking on it and the can was full. I'd check it at least once before the oil change. I didn't buy the upr, some the can isn't as big but for good measure it won't hurt to check it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed my catch can a month ago and was just checking on it and the can was full. I'd check it at least once before the oil change. I didn't buy the upr, some the can isn't as big but for good measure it won't hurt to check it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
During the winter months I drain mine every 5-600 miles.