Catch cans anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mrmachinist

Reaction score
Had some issues with the install.

The location they instructed to install it won’t work. You have to mount it at an angle to clear the intake tube.

The hose that goes to the intake is too short to allow the engine cover to bolt back on.

And the clean side separator hose is way too short and the wrong shape.

I sent an email with pictures to them I’ll give them a call in the morning to see what they can do to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out why they charge almost 500 bucks for these things! Seems pretty steep to me.

OP
OP
M

mrmachinist

Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out why they charge almost 500 bucks for these things! Seems pretty steep to me.

I paid around $400. But it should be an easy plug and play install at that price. Less expensive kits require splicing lines and using hose clamps instead on the correct fittings. I’m going to call them in a bit to see what they tell me about my issues.

OP
OP
M

mrmachinist

Reaction score
I paid around $400. But it should be an easy plug and play install at that price.

I know what it costs to Mfg things. It’s not cheap.

Less expensive kits require splicing lines and using hose clamps instead on the correct fittings. I’m going to call them in a bit to see what they tell me about my issues.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that... I did not have these issues installing mine.

Are they still telling you to mount driver side below the airbox? Have any pics you can post of your install?

When I get a chance today I will take some of mine for reference.

OP
OP
M

mrmachinist

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that... I did not have these issues installing mine.

Are they still telling you to mount driver side below the airbox? Have any pics you can post of your install?

When I get a chance today I will take some of mine for reference.

Drivers side fan shroud is what they called for.

a53f06bad9ca5846fce493d710fad571.jpgec86e338c1da57790382f89b41f92b0b.jpg

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
20200203_191104.jpg

Mine is mounted to some metal more toward driver's side. Looks easier than what they had you do.

20200203_191045.jpg

These are the connections coming from under the engine cover and the one one the air intake.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the '16, the JLT kit fits perfectly and doing it's job well. Pre connected form fitted hoses. Cost under $150.

OP
OP
M

mrmachinist

Reaction score
Ok the folks at UPR are awesome. I screwed up and order the wrong part number. (I failed to notice the drop down box to select your year and engine). I just saw the listing with the part number at the top and ordered it.

They are sending me the correct ecss and another hose with the correct fittings so my intake line will be correct and the engine cover will fit again.

So my screw up but they are fixing me up.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Would someone mind posting a pic of what the inside to the JLT looks like? Under the cap.