Cupholder fell through console! Weird!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
buy a new console

you can buy a secondhand console or try to fix it
Not sure what you are trying to say? Do you find it acceptable new vehicles are having this problem? Think most are frustrated with quality and are expressing concern at some of the "short cuts" or lack of quality control during manufacturing. Also, curious what your ride is?

heavyduty

Reaction score
Not sure what you are trying to say? Do you find it acceptable new vehicles are having this problem? Think most are frustrated with quality and are expressing concern at some of the "short cuts" or lack of quality control during manufacturing. Also, curious what your ride is?
I am saying that u can buy a used console for your car
its acceptable that new vehicles are having this problem because of low quality
its the same with my truck also

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am saying that u can buy a used console for your car
its acceptable that new vehicles are having this problem because of low quality
its the same with my truck also

I disagree 100%. The Expedition runs approximately $55-80K depending on trim level. Even at the bottom of that price range, no one should have to deal with interior quality so poor that the cupholder won't even do the one and only job it has.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just happened to mine. Not at all acceptable.

First thought was to drive to Lexus and swap because why was I dumb enough to buy a Ford.

I've been feeling that way for years. I really like my Expedition, but it hasn't been good to me.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Happened to me as well about 2 weeks ago. Brought it in yesterday. Tech didn't even try to disassemble the console or anything, just said "yeah it's broken - need to replace" and I now have a quote of $630 to fix (granted that's in Canadian Loonies, so a mere US$500). I haven't seen anyone answer 5280tunage when he asked how hard it is to fix... searching for videos I found exactly one that shows lifting the upper console piece off (but it's not the Expy console so hopefully it works on my 2018 XLT). I'd like to explore fixing it somehow before buying a new one that'll just do it again... anyone who has done this have any tips? Were these bottoms actually glued on originally, or were they clipped on somehow?

Oh, and yes, that is my last visit to that dealership for service. Long sad story about the rapid decline of a once-good company...
And I also agree with the statements about this being a very poor design.

Last edited:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JB Weld makes a structural epoxy that I have used in gym equipment repair with great success. I'd probably give that a shot if I was facing this problem.

expeditiondriver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, and yes, that is my last visit to that dealership for service. Long sad story about the rapid decline of a once-good company...
I was relieved when my warranty finally ran out (mileage) because I don’t have to deal with the absolute idiots at the Ford dealer anymore. Great truck overall and I really enjoy it, but the Ford dealer service department is like visiting with some primitive tribe that hasn’t even discovered structured language yet. I could just keep writing and writing and writing about how terrible (stupid, rude, etc.) they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971