End My Oil Crisis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try Rotella T6 5w40

Also... take some colored plastidip, and spray over the (sealed) drain plug

Maybe you're leaking and can't even see

PS oil the rubber gasket on the filter and tighten it well

OP
OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Reaction score
I used to manager a Valvoline, and I SWEAR by their products. I use nothing but Valvoline Max life synthetic blend high mileage and Purolator oil filters. Needless to say my expys have served me well

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah valvoline is great. We use it in my sisters car that has 180000. Still runs great. How long do Purolators last until they need to be changed out? I also heard the purolators and motorcraft filters are similar.

OP
OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Reaction score
Try Rotella T6 5w40

Also... take some colored plastidip, and spray over the (sealed) drain plug

Maybe you're leaking and can't even see

PS oil the rubber gasket on the filter and tighten it well

I heard Rotella sometimes works, I guess I would need the high temp for when Vegas hits 120°. And it isn't dripping at least. I wouldnt hear the end of it if the truck started leaking in the driveway. Lol.

Djarratt2607

Reaction score
Yeah valvoline is great. We use it in my sisters car that has 180000. Still runs great. How long do Purolators last until they need to be changed out? I also heard the purolators and motorcraft filters are similar.
I don't use Motorcraft products at all tbh with you, I feel as if their products are of cheap quality. & I use the Purolator boss or Purolator one can't remember which one exactly off hand. But they are rated for 10,000 miles. And even though the max life synthetic blend is rated for 5000 miles I never go over 3,500

OP
OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Reaction score
I don't use Motorcraft products at all tbh with you, I feel as if their products are of cheap quality. & I use the Purolator boss or Purolator one can't remember which one exactly off hand. But they are rated for 10,000 miles. And even though the max life synthetic blend is rated for 5000 miles I never go over 3,500

Thats sounds good. I might go get one and stick it on, god knows the filter on it is now. I think I might take it out and cut it open.

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just bought a '98 Expy but been driving the same era pickups since '97. The Expy was leaking oil from the remote oil filter when I bought it and going through about a1/2 a qrt every 3wks. I diagnosed clogged Catalytic converters had them fixed and guess what no more oil consumption. The added pressure of exhaust backing up into the engine was what was causing it push out the oil or burn it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check those cats

OP
OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Reaction score
Just bought a '98 Expy but been driving the same era pickups since '97. The Expy was leaking oil from the remote oil filter when I bought it and going through about a1/2 a qrt every 3wks. I diagnosed clogged Catalytic converters had them fixed and guess what no more oil consumption. The added pressure of exhaust backing up into the engine was what was causing it push out the oil or burn it.

Good point, I fear it's the cats but they aren't red hot after long drives. I don't know how else to check it. It's probably the cats because of the mileage, right?