Expedition Limited vs Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have never got a definitive answer as to whether my Limited has the noise canceling. Some older Ford literature seems to indicate that it should have it since it has all the upgraded electronics inside except the massage seats the Platinum has. Having driven a few Limiteds and Platinums in my search before buying I have come to the conclusion that either I do indeed have it, or that it’s totally worthless and does nothing on the Platinum. I’m inclined to believe the latter that the noise cancelling doesn’t really do anything as I have also driven an XLT and found it to be very quiet as well.

Regan DeMello

Reaction score
The only way to get CCD on the Limited is via the 302A package. You can also definitely get the HD Tow package with 302A. Special Edition package includes HD Tow package, so I'm not sure what you are saying exactly.
My mistake then, when building my Expy online at Ford.com it would not let me select the 302A package with Special Edition Package

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ltd do not have noise cancellation. When i tested the plat, it was quieter particularly with the suspension noise and hwy noise, but not by much. The expy is already library quiet.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Here's something I put together when I was shopping...perhaps it is helpful. I think (I did this several months ago) this reflects what is available on that trim level, not what is standard. For instance on the Ltd, you have to select the Driver Assistance Package to get the adaptive cruise, lane keep, etc.

Although I do note that the CCD (and I think the 360 camera and Park Assist) are available on the Ltd and my little chart doesn't reflect that.

View attachment 23377

My Ltd 4x4 has 360 and park assist so yes it's an option.

The park assist though is useless to me as I don't lile the feeling of a computer doing the work.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
25hp in a 5700lb car really isn't even noticeble on a butt dyno lol.

On a side note, what are they changing in the trans?

I mean the 10R80 is having issues under the 375hp tune, so I wonder if they're beefing up the platinum and navigator trans more?!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is your ltd a 301 or 302? By the photo it looks like a 301 with special edition pkg. How did you get the 360 camera when on the order sheet its not available on 301 and below?

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Is your ltd a 301 or 302? By the photo it looks like a 301 with special edition pkg. How did you get the 360 camera when on the order sheet its not available on 301 and below?

Honestly have no clue. This one was on the dealer lot and the only one in Houston or within 100 miles like it.

Screenshot_20180823_200508.png

I'd take a pic of the 360/birdeyes and post it...

Except it's currently on the servoce departmemt with 60miles on the ticker!

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
What build option does the self parking feature fall under?

It uses all the cameras while in motion during 4th is aswell.