Expedition Limited vs Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2019 order guide was released yesterday. No pics as of now, probably closer to the build date, that or the la auto show

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW, a stealth package. close to purchasing 18' platinum. now the stealth package option has my attention.
do you have any more info ? website for pictures ?
thanks
tim

Exactly! I was considering the Platinum too for 2019 but then saw that they’re doing a “Stealth Package”. All blacked out. Reminds me of the Midnight package for Suburban but cooler. It’s in the order guide, as was mention it was released yesterday, but no pictures.

However it states that it has gloss black: wheels, front grill, side mirrors, trim, among other cool items...all cool. But only available on the Limited trim. It’s definitely going to be a looker!

I wish they would make the extra 50HP and massage seats an option on the Limited trim (with Stealth Package). But if they did the Limited would become more expensive than a fully loaded Platinum lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tim mcleod

Reaction score
Good Morning,
Both GTNator and yourself mention the 2019 order guide was recently issued.
Can you direct me to a web site where the order guide can be downloaded ?
Thanks.
Tim

tim mcleod

Reaction score
Thanks Mike,
for some reason the blue oval registration process is not working.
can you attach a copy of the og ?
Thanks
Tim

GunnerD

Reaction score
So I do indeed think I like the upgraded interior of the Platinum. A little extra HP and torque is nice, but hardly seems necessary given the price. And the massaging seats seem gimmicky to me. The only other feature I see that's sort of attractive is active noise canceling. So can anyone tell me how well that works in real life?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I do indeed think I like the upgraded interior of the Platinum. A little extra HP and torque is nice, but hardly seems necessary given the price. And the massaging seats seem gimmicky to me. The only other feature I see that's sort of attractive is active noise canceling. So can anyone tell me how well that works in real life?
It uses a few microphones placed around the cabin to measure ambient noise (road, engine, etc) and then pipes in a counteractive noise through the speakers. I say it does that, but it's not something you can hear even if you put your ear to the speaker...so it's not like you can hear white noise through the speakers or anything. The best comparison that can be made is to noise cancelling headphones; if you've ever worn those on a plane, you don't "hear" them working, they just cancel out a lot of the background droning noise when you flip them on. This works the same way. It's ridiculously quiet in my cabin.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2019 Expedition Order Guide

Attachments

• 2019 Expedition Order Guide.pdf
    435.8 KB · Views: 15