Finding a 2018-2019 Expedition w Heavy Duty Tow Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Goon

Reaction score
I am struggling to find a 2018-2019 Ford Expedition with the heavy duty tow package. None of the apps or sites allow you to filter by it. I have been looking for the EBC- electronic Break Control, trailer back up assist knob, 3.73 axle on the door and the 536 model. But very few of the ones on the market have had the Heavy Duty Tow package. Any ideas for finding one. I’m on 5 sites with no luck

LovinPSDs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel your pain.. it's hard to filter through them. So far the only way I've been able to tell is by looking through each units pictures. You should see the extra two buttons on the 4x4 and the stupid backup knob on the dash. It's frustrating to say the least... I wish everyone selling would include a picture of the yellow payload sticker too.

MAC1

Reaction score
I agree, been looking to upgrade from my 2016 and I cannot find one in my area either. I have not been able to find a way to search the sites either.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Too bad Ford didn't keep the Max Tow as standard on Limited and above trims. I guess I'll be dealing with this within the next couple of years as well since I intend to upgrade. I did ask CarMax to add the option to their menu. Maybe if we make a concerted effort to get the aggregators to include this they will respond.

Ghostwolf

Reaction score
If the unit your interested in happens to be at a Ford dealership, they often provide a link to the original window sticker. So when you’re browsing cars.com or autotrader, if the listed dealer is a Ford dealer, visit that dealer’s site and find the car there. Then see if you can find the link for the window sticker, and the heavy duty tow package always appears on it if the vehicle has it.

LovinPSDs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the unit your interested in happens to be at a Ford dealership, they often provide a link to the original window sticker. So when you’re browsing cars.com or autotrader, if the listed dealer is a Ford dealer, visit that dealer’s site and find the car there. Then see if you can find the link for the window sticker, and the heavy duty tow package always appears on it if the vehicle has it.

This is a good way to verify, just takes FOREVER as you can't filter down the available cars prior to digging all the way into the window sticker.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am struggling to find a 2018-2019 Ford Expedition with the heavy duty tow package. None of the apps or sites allow you to filter by it. I have been looking for the EBC- electronic Break Control, trailer back up assist knob, 3.73 axle on the door and the 536 model. But very few of the ones on the market have had the Heavy Duty Tow package. Any ideas for finding one. I’m on 5 sites with no luck
It will take some patience. The 3.73 was production constrained at first and dedicated to Navigators and customer orders*. To make it worse, for a while Ford refused to take orders from the rental fleets for ANY Expedition. So the fleets are out. That leaves the leases, which, at a 36mo term, aren't yet up. There's just not that many people who are going to special order a vehicle and sell it within 2 years. Particularly when there's not a latest and greatest replacement. Maybe when the new GMs hit the lots starting soon???

*Dealer told me 6-8 weeks when I placed my order. It was about 16 weeks before I took delivery. And that lead time was pretty common throughout the 2018 production year.

FeelsBradMan

Reaction score

If only you were in AZ, you could buy mine! :p

When looking at potential sales prices for mine, I was able to search by rear hitch on Autotrader and then looked at the interior of those selections to find the brake controller on the dash.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a call from Scott from CarMax and he related that he passed the inquiry regarding the HD Tow feature to the technical staff. We'll see if they do anything with the request.