Ford, Are you Listening? 2018+ Change/Wish List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only have one trailer and it auto defaults to it when I connect the trailer and when I disconnect it automatically stops tracking the trailer. I don’t have to do any of those steps.
I spent 3 of the last 4 weeks with the truck adding mileage to the trailer odometer because it was still selected as an active trailer even though the wiring harness was disconnected. I thought it was curious and then I discovered that it was still set as the active trailer...

mssbf2011

Reaction score
I spent 3 of the last 4 weeks with the truck adding mileage to the trailer odometer because it was still selected as an active trailer even though the wiring harness was disconnected. I thought it was curious and then I discovered that it was still set as the active trailer...

I have the exact same experience. Only indication is the display shows towing screen vs my default of digital speedometer. Seems like such a simple fix :disgust:

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the exact same experience. Only indication is the display shows towing screen vs my default of digital speedometer. Seems like such a simple fix :disgust:
Exactly! My wife's complaint about the towing screen as the default is what sent me diving into the menus where I discovered that the trailer was still selected. It was, however, a useful journey as I also discovered there's a SECOND checkbox for enabling/disabling trailer BLIS (unchecked by default) which is why my trailer BLIS wasn't working. I had just assumed the trailer was obstructing the sensors. And there's also a check box for selecting between towing and non-towing fuel economy when calculating the displayed Distance-to-Empty.

proeasy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make the third seat an option but keep the flat floor. Create an innovative storage area with the space used by the seat removal, for tools and essential etc

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Exactly! My wife's complaint about the towing screen as the default is what sent me diving into the menus where I discovered that the trailer was still selected. It was, however, a useful journey as I also discovered there's a SECOND checkbox for enabling/disabling trailer BLIS (unchecked by default) which is why my trailer BLIS wasn't working. I had just assumed the trailer was obstructing the sensors. And there's also a check box for selecting between towing and non-towing fuel economy when calculating the displayed Distance-to-Empty.

Idk, the navigator tow setting must different. I have a setting for tow/haul and it’s set to automatic. I don’t have a separate mileage til empty or a manual ‘tow/haul’ drive mode. It literally does it all for me when I plug the trailer in. In the trailer section I can have multiple ones saved on there so if I had a different trailer i’d select it and all the info (length, blind spot, etc) is already stored.

woody929

Reaction score

I’ve learned that once I have a trailer named something other than default it will auto select when connected. What I don’t understand is why it isn’t smart enough to turn that off when I disconnect the trailer.

Scott_Gaines

Reaction score
Is anybody else having a harder time getting the gas pumps to stay on during refueling?

I have to put downward force on the pump, once inserted, to keep the gas flowing. I didn't have to do this on my '16 Explorer Sport. But my 18 Expedition doesn't seem to like gas pumps.

It doesn't happen on every pump, but it happens way more often than I'd like.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offer the 2019 Stealth Package on the Platinum level trim!!!

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is anybody else having a harder time getting the gas pumps to stay on during refueling?

I have to put downward force on the pump, once inserted, to keep the gas flowing. I didn't have to do this on my '16 Explorer Sport. But my 18 Expedition doesn't seem to like gas pumps.

It doesn't happen on every pump, but it happens way more often than I'd like.

I've not experienced that issue. Are you saying the pump prematurely shuts off unless you are pressing the fuel nozzle into the filler opening? Are these the pump handles that have the vapor capture collars? So for I haven't come across that type of pump handle on my travels.

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a comment about the vehicle settings - I might not be using this properly, but it seems "sub-optimal" to me...

First thing - I like to drive in Eco 90% of the time. Basically when I'm not towing. I would like a way to default the drive mode - I currently have to change the mode every time I start it up. Even remembering the last mode would be useful.

But, maybe there's a better way.

YES! This is exactly my frustration. Like you I normally want Eco mode for my day to day driving, but it must be selected on each engine start. Likewise, I tow a travel trailer, and am currently on an extended road trip. and as Meeker describes, it is like going through a preflight checklist on each engine start to clear all the reminder messages that the trailer is connected and to manually select Tow/Haul just like I have to always select Eco when not towing. I've also noticed that if the default trailer is enabled, but not connected, the dash defaults to the towing display.

There are apparently software settings that are unavailable to the user that sets the Navigator apart from the Expy as Artie mentioned. If the software is smart enough to recognize that a trailer is connected, it should be smart enough to preselect Tow/Haul, etc. I really like your suggestion to use macros to replicate the sequence of button presses.

The driver memory button panel could be used to allow those buttons to store 3 macros. The driver memory setup could be moved to the advanced settings on the dash display as these settings are normally used only once to assign seat/mirror/pedal/wheel positions to each fob.

And yes, as you also discovered, disabling the liftgate from the menu tree only disables the power operation. The liftgate still unlatches when the sensor detects motion such as hooking up the safety chains among all the other activities one might be doing near the rear bumper with fob in pocket. This was so annoying to me that I finally figured out how to disable the sensor without causing any undesired consequences.

If you crawl under the rear, you will find a cigarette pack sized box mounted in the bumper. it is located on the driver's side inside of the bumper housing just inboard of where the left frame rail ends. There is a plastic fastener that holds the cover closed over the interface box. Once open, you will see where the wiring harness plugs into it and also see an "antenna" that looks like a length of coax cable that is clipped to inside bottom of the plastic bumper cover. This antenna has a latch securing it to the interface box. Operate the latch to release the antenna from the box. I simply left the unplugged end inside the cover when I closed the cover and secured the fastener. Disconnecting the antenna, did not generate any messages. The power liftgate function still operates as normal from the fob, the button on the liftgate and the one up front.

I also try to leave the fob on the console when doing the hookup. This eliminates the horn honks when you hop out to lower the coupler on the ball. I always forget to do that when I'm doing an early morning escape from the campground and probably wake my neighbors.