Ford PremiumCare - worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvin

Reaction score
I got a new Expedition Max Platinum and the dealer offered this premiumcare extended warranty - bumper to bumper up to 72 mos/100k miles for $6k.

I'm hoping that this Expy will be just as great as the last one and I'd want to keep it at least to 100k.

Tbh, with my old Expy which I traded in at 80k, there were no warranty claims, so I'm not sure if that was a good idea to purchase. They give you 30 days to cancel.

What do you all think? Is it worthy thing to keep or should I get rid of it? Has anyone filed a claim under it?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to Lombard Ford or Flood Ford. You'll probably pay 1/4 that for the same warranty.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a new Expedition Max Platinum and the dealer offered this premiumcare extended warranty - bumper to bumper up to 72 mos/100k miles for $6k.

I'm hoping that this Expy will be just as great as the last one and I'd want to keep it at least to 100k.

Tbh, with my old Expy which I traded in at 80k, there were no warranty claims, so I'm not sure if that was a good idea to purchase. They give you 30 days to cancel.

What do you all think? Is it worthy thing to keep or should I get rid of it? Has anyone filed a claim under it?

I have purchased the Ford Premium Extended service contract for my 2015 Expedition. It is not a warranty and it is not bumper-to-bumper coverage.

Under my ESP I have had the transmission rebuilt, the steering rack replaced, the water pump replaced, the vacuum brake pump replaced, turbo cooling line replaced, the degas bottle replaced the LF door check strap replaced, and several other items that I can’t recall. It more than paid for itself.

The price you stated of six thousand dollars is very excessive. Keep in mind the first 36,000 miles of the vehicle (or 3 years) is covered by the new-car warranty, and the first 60,000 miles (or 5 years) is covered by the power train warranty.

Last edited:

BobCharlie

Reaction score
Buy through another dealership. I got 7 year/150K miles Premiumcare coverage for $2405 back in September through Granger Ford. Also added the interior/exterior lighting coverage for $150.

OP
OP
C

corvin

Reaction score
It is not a warranty and it is not bumper-to-bumper coverage.
Why do you say so?

Buy through another dealership. I got 7 year/150K miles Premiumcare coverage for $2405 back in September through Granger Ford. Also added the interior/exterior lighting coverage for $150.
Thanks, they told me that it was only available at the time of purchase. Did they lie? You can buy later?

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is an easy one...first, if you bought that one from the dealer, cancel immediately. Second, get out your computer and google on the interwebs Ford ESP Warranty. You should get hits for Lombard Ford, Flood Ford and others. I got mine thru Anderson and Koch Ford. Many will let you get a quote on line. Some you have to call or email. At most, you should be at half depending on terms and deductible and extras. Probably even less. Easy peasy.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why do you say so?

Thanks, they told me that it was only available at the time of purchase. Did they lie? You can buy later?

Read the paperwork. It is not an extended warranty (which is provided by the vehicle manufacturer). It is a service plan which is underwritten by an insurance company.

For future reference - I would ensure that you have a full-printed copy of the plan, and proof of payment. Some dealers tell their plan customers that, "It's in the computer". Get a printed copy so you can read and understand all the terms and exclusions.

Ford permits purchase of their extended service plans any time the vehicle is still under their new-car or power train warranty, or to extend a service plan that was purchased during the new-car or power train warranty period.

The dealer lied to you when they stated they plan was only available at time of purchase.

Air00Max

Reaction score
We've had the ESP for our 2007, 2018 and now 2022 Expedition and have been very happy with Ford and what they cover. As another person stated, you don't have to buy it at the same time you purchase your vehicle and $6K is an insane amount. I believe I paid just over $2K for mine last year - 2022 Expedition Max King Ranch.