Ford Warranty Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DGreen

Reaction score
My 2017 Exp with 43,800 miles recently had the throttle body replaced. The dealership said the 5/60 powetrain warranty did not cover this. IDoes anyone know why?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cut & paste below from Ford -

Extended warranty coverage periods are available for certain vehicle parts and conditions. Specifically, (1) Your vehicle’s Powertrain components are covered for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

The extended coverage applies to the Engine: all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads, electrical fuel pump, powertrain control module, engine mounts, flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts, oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, engine thermostat, engine thermostat housing, timing chain cover, timing chain (gears or belt), turbocharger/supercharger unit, valve covers, water pump;

(did not include transmission and driveline components)

Bruce Mitchell

Reaction score
I'd call Ford Customer Service and ask for cost assistance on the repair. (I used to work customer assistance for GM; helped lots of folks with similar situations.) Couldn't hurt.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford Customer Service

1 (800) 392-3673

I would think the throttle body is part of the powertrain. I think there has been a recall on these throttle bodies in the F150s.

Last edited:

iamretired

Reaction score
I just bought an extend ford base care for my 2015, with 83k, for 3 more years and 48k more miles. Not my daily driver but used mostly for out of town trips.