Has anyone tried one of these vaults yet, on an Expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My console vault arrived today and it does indeed fit in the 4th Gen Expedition. It also fits in my 2020 F350 console. Instructions were straightforward and there is a plate that you slide under the center console and bolt to the bottom of the console vault to sandwich everything together. Had to drill 4 holes in the bottom of the console to bolt the plate under the console. If I ever decide to remove the console vault, the rubber mat on the bottom of the console would cover the drilled holes. I like that I can still use the OEM tray to keep a few items handy. Here are a few pictures of it installed in the Expedition.

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is freakin awesome, thanks so much for being the Ginny pig and trying this out. Will be ordering one myself.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few ppl got these my early years on the forum... I've been here 10yrs now I think

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hear ya, but not on the 4th gen, the mfr was pretty vocal on many people saying they won't work so I'm glad to hear it did.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too tried one!

Just finished installing the E&G Classis console vault. I have to be honest, the craftsmanship and fit was perfect. Install took about 40 minutes but I also took it slow so as not to screw anything up. Very simple.

Couple install notes:

1) Be careful with the plate that slides under the console (you can see the black plate in the picture with the trim removed), it uses cages nuts (for anyone familiar with those) and they can pop off. Luckily mine didn't but they can. Make sure you slide the plate in on the left side and truly, don't pry up the console too much, I only had to pry it up about 1/4" or so to get the plate to slide in perfectly.
2) I also cut one of the corners off of the factory tray so that I can get a USB cable to still exit the console in the appropriate spot. The design of the vault doesn't have a spot for the cable to come through. Super simple, just cut the corner of with some dikes.
3) I disconnected all accessory cables that I could reach before removing the bezel, when those plastic clips pop, sometimes they come off hard, and I didn't want to risk pulling or breaking a connector.

Very impressed with this, well worth the money, I found a great deal on one at CarID, they were on sale for around 265. https://www.carid.com/eg-classics/console-lock-vault-mpn-7045-1000-17.html
PXL_20201125_192147991~1.jpg PXL_20201125_192158731~1.jpg

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too tried one!

Just finished installing the E&G Classis console vault. I have to be honest, the craftsmanship and fit was perfect. Install took about 40 minutes but I also took it slow so as not to screw anything up. Very simple.

Couple install notes:

1) Be careful with the plate that slides under the console (you can see the black plate in the picture with the trim removed), it uses cages nuts (for anyone familiar with those) and they can pop off. Luckily mine didn't but they can. Make sure you slide the plate in on the left side and truly, don't pry up the console too much, I only had to pry it up about 1/4" or so to get the plate to slide in perfectly.
2) I also cut one of the corners off of the factory tray so that I can get a USB cable to still exit the console in the appropriate spot. The design of the vault doesn't have a spot for the cable to come through. Super simple, just cut the corner of with some dikes.
3) I disconnected all accessory cables that I could reach before removing the bezel, when those plastic clips pop, sometimes they come off hard, and I didn't want to risk pulling or breaking a connector.

Very impressed with this, well worth the money, I found a great deal on one at CarID, they were on sale for around 265. https://www.carid.com/eg-classics/console-lock-vault-mpn-7045-1000-17.html

Glad your install went well. I noticed that I had to justify my vault toward the passenger's side as I was tightening down the bolts to avoid the vault door from rubbing the felt strip near the latch striker of the driver's side of the console lid. Seemed to work out fine. My Kimber Micro 380 fits fine, so I'll have to try my Colt 45 as well.

PNWExpy

Reaction score
So it’s pretty much the plastic bottom of the console that’s holding the safe in place? With the metal plate acting like a big washer? I have a Fort Knox safe that fits in there perfectly but wasn’t quite sure how to keep it down yet.

Attachments

• 3DEC0AB9-1691-4F66-A818-3922BDEF23C3.jpeg
    3DEC0AB9-1691-4F66-A818-3922BDEF23C3.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2095EA52-4A28-4CF2-9BB2-B82554E3126A.jpeg
    2095EA52-4A28-4CF2-9BB2-B82554E3126A.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 23