I don't own one, but my car is better:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought we should have a dedicated thread for people (particularly Gen 2 and 3 Expedition owners) to tell everyone why the Gen 4 Expeditions/Navigators are crap compared to their far superior vehicles. Bonus points will be awarded for disparaging remarks regarding people who actually do purchase 4th gen trucks. And we'll have a dedicated thread for moderators to move these posts out of the middle of the owner discussions. Since mine is still on order and I don't technically own one yet, I'll implant my tongue permanently in my cheek and take the liberty of starting the discussion:

1. The 2018s are too expensive! Anybody paying that much money for a Ford clearly has more money than brains.

2. It's a mini-van/mommy wagon clearly intended for yuppie soccer moms because it looks like an Explorer.

3. Sure it's got 2" of ground clearance over the 3rd gen, and you can get a factory installed electronic locking rear differential, skid plates and the terrain management system out of the Raptor, but the 4x4 system sucks because you have to pay extra to get all those goodies and because the ones without those goodies are the only ones sitting around on dealers' lots with big discounts. (cross reference #1)

4. Too many buttons! That's all a bunch of fippery that's going to break!

5. Not enough buttons! The 4x4 system sucks because there's no 4H button. They expect us to read the manual to figure out how to do it! I mean there's tons and tons of instances where one would want to ignore that fancy terrain management system and lock center transfer case in 4H! Like, when..., I dunno, come to think of it, any truck with a terrain management system must suck compared to my lever actuated part-time 4x4 system.

6. Nevermind the power and torque and performance at altitude, V8's are better!

7. No two-tone paint scheme available! And I sure hope they bring back a vinyl top option, too.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we get a mod to delete this ridiculous post..... this is just insulting to this forum.

OP
OP
shane_th_ee

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can we get a mod to delete this ridiculous post..... this is just insulting to this forum.
Laugh, it's funny! As for whether or not it's insulting, is it any less insulting than the many, many posts throughout the this forum telling us why the gen2/3 expeditions are so much better?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't forget that Ford deleted the auto load-leveling suspension...or maybe they didn't...or maybe it's included with the CCD...or maybe it's not.

But regardless, the 2018 squats way too much to ever be able to effectively and safely pull a trailer. ;)

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As long as the discussion stays "professional" the thread will stay open. But, should it turn into a peeing contest then it will be dispatched to the Internet trash dump.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh both materials are fine IMO. Toyota, Nissan, and Chrysler are keeping their trucks steel.... GM and ford have been using aluminum one way or another for 20 years or so. Steel is however more resilient to damage in an accident than aluminum, that's only usleful in minor accidents though because much more and it's totaled out anyway when the frame bends.