I don't own one, but my car is better:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford Sissified, the 2018 Expy. It is more minivan than truck, right down to the "knob" gear shifter. The insane pricing, will scare buyers away also. They need a men's version, like a raptor package with a V8.

the raptor has the ecoboost now

Just to add to the Raptor comment, the new ecoboost engine in the Raptor out performed the V8 Raptor. My boss has both- V8 and the ecoboost Raptors (one is his and the other he bought for the kid) and the Eco is much better and quite a fit faster too.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2018 was designed by an Asia dude, with women in mind. This is not a joke.

Do you know which Asia dude? Carl Palmer is on my top 10 list of rock drummers (mostly EL&P days) but I also have a ton of respect for Geoff Downes. Downes seems like he'd recommended the rotary shift knob over the ******* design that you prefer.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to add to the Raptor comment, the new ecoboost engine in the Raptor out performed the V8 Raptor. My boss has both- V8 and the ecoboost Raptors (one is his and the other he bought for the kid) and the Eco is much better and quite a fit faster too.

Yes naturally the new motor will outperform the last. If ford made a new generation of the Boss platform it could very well outperform the previous one as well, after all it's a 2 Valve. I disagree that it's better...... my dads buddy just upgraded to a 2018 raptor from a 2013 and he said he would have purchased another 6.2L in a heartbeat if it was still available. He said it had the American spirit under the hood lol.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Apparently women who want to take a brood of children with them while towing up to 9300 lbs and who might want a locking rear differential and skid plates. I like the way that guy thinks...
Locking Diff and skid plates? Try in car wireless,DVD and screens in back and 10 usb jacks. Nothing but a mini van now, that can tow.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Here are some more reasons why the 3rd gens are better, specifically ecoboost models.

1. 2018 model looks exactly like a suburban from the side, has rediculously ugly taillights that wrap wayyy too far around the side of the truck, and has a “whale tail” style rear spoiler for those of you who love to read books underneath the shade it creates. 0AD5FB66-EEA4-46CE-B108-22622F945FEE.jpeg

2. Front grill of 2018 looks like the ugly stepchild of an explorer and a flex. E2EE7EB0-D1CC-46F3-8C82-0E9A81F92A48.jpeg

3. Best part is that the rear end looks just like an Infiniti qx80. Boxy, plain, and just downright funny looking. 582DC39F-705C-4678-8CC9-0AEFC3F00CC1.jpeg

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And yet it in proper trim, is faster, tows more, holds more, seats more comfortably, and is equipped nicer than any other full size SUV on the market. I’m down with that minivan!!!

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
But it’s the ugliest full sized suv on the market so none of the power numbers or extra bling bling makes a difference

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But it’s the ugliest full sized suv on the market so none of the power numbers or extra bling bling makes a difference
For most of the soccer moms that drive the large SUV's, you are probably correct. The GM's are better styled and look better from all angles. Performance numbers and towing capabilities don't matter to them.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I love all the 3rd gen guys here talking about styling! You guys are content with a 14 year old design modeled after a cinder block!!