Lane Departures Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, hoping for some help here. I had my sunshade replaced under warranty where they had to pull off the whole headliner, from to back. I got the car back and have been getting this warning. Front Camera Low Visibility Clean Screen". I soon discovered this was the camera on the winshield relaying info for the Lane Departure as my lane departure has not lit up green since bringing the car in. It is activated but not working.

I brought it back in to the dealer. Told them exactly what is going on and the fools came back saying my windshield was dirty and they cleaned it and didn't see any errors. I told them I did that previously and it's a bigger issue and asked if they test drove it to confirm it works and they claimed yes. I got the car back, no added miles, still doesn't work. Needless to say it's going back to them tomorrow but does anyone know what the next steps are? These guys seem to not have the slightest clue. They put on the summary that next steps would be to replace the front windshield and recalibrate. When I called back the service advisor said "well, we'll try and fix it not sure what's going on". Not exactly what a customer wants to hear. Just tell me you'll fix it. Seems that it's more of a camera issue and not windshield issue. New camera needed?

What can I do to speed this process up and not just replace a windshield and calibrate and NOT have that be the solution?

Any input would be appreciated! This is the same dealer that replaced my VCT to fix my wastegate flapper rattle and then claimed they wont fix the flapper because Ford "Might" not cover it.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you still getting the error message?
There are two places to enable it. The instrument cluster settings and the button over the center screen. Does your screen look like the picture below?41704F5A-06F7-4A1D-834A-FD5299A4CCD7.jpeg

OP
OP
M

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, my lane departure lights up but will never initiate / turn green even when on the correct roads. Fairly confident they either dirtied up the camera behind the glass when they removed my whole headliner or they somehow broke the camera or dislodged it all together during that process and it thinks it's dirty as a result. Unless anyone has has any input?

Would love to be able to tell these people exactly what I need done as they seem pretty clueless and just do the bare minimum and hand the car back to me without fixing the problems.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should be able to see the camera lens through the windshield to see if it's dirty. Also verify that it is exactly straight. I had my windshield replaced by the Ford dealer, and they installed the camera with a 40 degree tilt to it. Mine is only for the auto-wipers, so the true-ness is less important. Other than that, they possible damaged the cable that comes from the camera, assuming it goes along or inside the headliner.

OP
OP
M

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should be able to see the camera lens through the windshield to see if it's dirty. Also verify that it is exactly straight. I had my windshield replaced by the Ford dealer, and they installed the camera with a 40 degree tilt to it. Mine is only for the auto-wipers, so the true-ness is less important. Other than that, they possible damaged the cable that comes from the camera, assuming it goes along or inside the headliner.

The dealership tried cleaning the camera lens to no avail and said they had to order a new camera but it’s back ordered. So... I have my car back and am waiting for this part!